Should they have known better?

Inches411

okay so i went to the salon to get a rinse. I have been telling the dominican lady who does my hair that i wanted a brown rinse.. or semi permanent .

So i went today and i choose honey brown. I asked her is this okay. She said it doesnt matter all the colors are good watever that means. So then she does the rinse and my hair is still jet black.. and then im complaining and all of them are telling me taht they told me that it wouldnt work so im pissed cause they did not tell me anything. IF they did i would have used wat they thought was better. The owner was not there so I couldnt really complain to her and get my money back..

What i want to know is shouldnt they have known before they put the rinse in that it would not take? '

my hair is black but i know ppl who get rinses and there hair is the same color as mine and it comes out fine..by the way she used the clairol beautiful rinse?

Anything on top of jet black will turn out jet lack. You can't go lighter until you remove the jet black. The color was there, you just couldn't see it over the blac.

Then I think you would have to bleach your hair to get it lighter then do the rinse to make it the color you want. I hope I am giving you the right answer.

A honey brown rinse is not going to show up on black hair. There may be some undertones that show up in the sunlight. Dark cherries and red rinses would show up better. It would still be slight because a rinse cannot penetrate.

ETA: as others mentioned you would have to lift the black and deposit the color you want. A rinse will not do it alone.

if ur hair was jet black they were supposed to use a safe bleacher to lightin it first and then put whatever color or a blondish and you would have gotten a brownish. YES THEY KNEW Both my sisters are natural hair stylists and they know heck I even knew that at 16 its not just with black hair it's even if your hair is dark brown like mine. I can't get a normal light brown and think it's gonna show, doesn't work that way.

my hair is natural jet black.. i cant remove that lol

Yes, you can. You can have the color "lifted," with bleach, etc.

Rinses and semi-permanent dyes deposit color. Sometimes a brown rinse will show up on black hair. I had a brown rinse done over jet black hair and it looked like highlights & lasted a few weeks. I tried it again & you couldn't see anything. The communication barrier can be difficult at the Dom salon. I don't think they intentionally deceived you or anything. They just gave you what you asked for. I probably would be mad, too, but I don't see why they would reimburse you when they performed the service & didn't actually mess your hair up.

Back