Should I try again?

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
My hair needs protein... maybe...... but it hated it last time.
I have tried a few times in the past and it just made my hair feel hard and brittle. I am worried though because I just texlaxed for the first time and while my hair feels ok, I think this is when you are supposed to use protein right? :ohwell: Should I try again maybe with something else? I have been looking for AO, the one with protein, but i haven't seen it locally yet.

Where do I they sell it? My hair likes keratin I think. Why do you leave it on for 5 minutes and not 2? Do you use heat or steam?
Sorry for all the questions TIA :)

And don't forget to do a deep, moisturizing conditioner afterwards.....With heat or overnight. That's the way I get my hair back moist and soft. I hate that crunchy, brittle feeling protein leaves my hair.

I DC with Sitrinillah, Banana Brulee, Darcy Botanicals deep conditioning mask.

Where do I they sell it? My hair likes keratin I think. Why do you leave it on for 5 minutes and not 2? Do you use heat or steam?
Sorry for all the questions TIA :)

You can find Aphogee Products at Sallys or any other BSS. I don't use heat with it. I'm not sure why I leave it on for 5 minutes but it works for me. :look:

I leave my Aphogee in for 2 minutes. The directions say:

Apply enough ApHogee Treatment to thoroughly saturate hair and comb blend through with a wide toothed comb for even distribution. Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT us a plastic cap. Seat client under medium heat dryer, with high airflow. (Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) NOTE: When ApHogee Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried and in the hair. Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Remove all excess dried protein. Towel dry. Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp.

I bought my Aphogee from Sally Beauty Supply, too.

ARWorld: Whatever you use, please follow up with a Moisturizing Treatment.:yep:

AO GBP is a Balance of both Protein & Moisture (so if you can find it locally, that's a great choice) check with your local health food store.

Also, Giovanni Nutra-Fix Reconstructor will also give you a very light protein treatment.

Please follow up with a Moisturizing Conditioner to keep your Hair properly balanced.:grin:

My hair is very protein sensitive and when I need a boost, I add some plain full fat yogurt to my regular (moisturizing) dc. It's verrrry mild and never leaves my hair crunchy. Now, my hair is very fine 3a/b and this works for me. You may need to adjust the amount of yogurt to suit your needs. Also, when I do a serious protein treatment, I always start with a can of coconut cream, oils & yogurt as a base, then add other mild proteins - Roux Mendez, hydrolized wheat protein, silk amino acid, aphogee 2 min and/or the hardcore one, etc. Always followed by a super moisturizing dc.

HTH

I am off to do some research and then some shopping thanks ladies. I have never tried any of these products. I have tried yougurt in the cherry lola treament but that was sooo drying my goodness. I will have to adjust the amount if I use that one.
How do you know if your hair needs protein?
Does it just always need it sooner or later like it will always need a trim or a cleanse?

I leave my Aphogee in for 2 minutes. The directions say:

Apply enough ApHogee Treatment to thoroughly saturate hair and comb blend through with a wide toothed comb for even distribution. Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT us a plastic cap. Seat client under medium heat dryer, with high airflow. (Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) NOTE: When ApHogee Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried and in the hair. Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Remove all excess dried protein. Towel dry. Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp.

I bought my Aphogee from Sally Beauty Supply, too.

Just for the record, the instructions in blue are for the Aphogee 2-Step Protein.

If you wanna splurge, the Aveda Damage Remedy line is grrreat! It's moisturizing and detangling with plant-based proteins.

I have never used a pure protein. My understanding is that it is very easy to overdo it and not have great results. I prefer reconstructors (part protein, part moisturizer) like AO GPB or Emergencée. I still follow them with a moisturizing conditioner coz as DCs I do shampoo after using them, but even if I didn't shampoo out GPB as happens when I just use it for conditioning as opposed to DCing, my hair doesn't get hard. So perhaps you should try that.

I've found GPB at Wegman's and the Vitamin Shoppe.

Back