Should I call him?

• Yes - it's only polite!

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Nah girl, let him chase you!

Votes: 37 88.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She did. She wrote a blog about it.

I hope it all works out for the best! :)

:blush: I was only half-guessing too!

2nd guess: I bet he didn't pick up :look:
Lemme stop guessing and actually read the blog entry :laugh:

ETA: Called it :ohwell:

Last edited:
I don't think you should have called. But, hindsight is 20/20. It's done now. I'm surprised he has waited this long. It's Thursday. Tuesday would have been the latest that he should have called if he's interested, imo. But, maybe I have restrictive expectations? I dunno. Let us know when he returns the call. His being shy? Well, I respect that men have insecurities and such just like women but...I still think that the nature of the hunt ensues whether that man is shy or totally Type A. IMO, he'll come for you if he's feeling it regardless of his introversion. He didn't allow his introversion to prevent him from asking you out...so I don't think he'd let his introversion prevent him from reaching out now either.

That being said, I think your voicemail, as you described it, was nice, classy, and neutral enough that you still have your dignity and mystique intact....you never know...your voicemail may have made him smile...and that's really nice....and that's what you want. When a man likes who he is when he's with you....then he's interested....So, it's all good.

Let him call because you seem desparate to him. Men can smell desparation on a women. Just saying

Let him call because you seem desparate to him. Men can smell desparation on a women. Just saying

She's already called...but what you speak is the truth. They really DO have an intense intuition and they CAN indeed SMELL it. Be careful GG. Take it slow. You seem to be handling it casually which is good. You should continue to do so. Expect nothing more than maybe a great frienship. He will do the rest. You'll see.

You should've called...there is no one rule that fits everyone...He has extended himself multiple times and it was only right that you reached out to him...It would've been desperate if you were calling right after the date. the day after and so on. But a friendly call to say hello, thanks and that you had a wonderful time is just that...a call. Right now you are getting yourself onto the dating scene and its okay to try all types of tactics and as you do...you will see what works for you and what doesn't. Best of everything Glib. Now can I have a piece of chocolate??? :look:

I always feel like it's good to remember that if someone really likes you, you can do all sorts of things "wrong" and it's not going to mess everything up. Whatever happens from here, it's not going to depend on whether or not you called him!

I bet she called him.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yep, you did call it. *lol* I did take what you all said seriously but after talking with my BFF (I posted our conversation in my blog) I really decided that a simple call to say "hey, I not not interested" was due . . . and I am seriously enjoying that chocolate :yep:

You seem to be handling it casually which is good. You should continue to do so. Expect nothing more than maybe a great frienship. He will do the rest. You'll see.

That's exactly where I am right now :yep:

You should've called...there is no one rule that fits everyone...He has extended himself multiple times and it was only right that you reached out to him...It would've been desperate if you were calling right after the date. the day after and so on. But a friendly call to say hello, thanks and that you had a wonderful time is just that...a call. Right now you are getting yourself onto the dating scene and its okay to try all types of tactics and as you do...you will see what works for you and what doesn't. Best of everything Glib. Now can I have a piece of chocolate??? :look:

:thankyou: That is pretty much what my BFF said. (And plus, this guy seems scared of his shadow. Remember Andy from "40 Year Old Virgin"? Yeah, that's about right :lol: Sersiously, dude has no game and I think some gentle encouragement on my part is acceptable.) As for the chocolate . . . :chocbunny:

That being said, I think your voicemail, as you described it, was nice, classy, and neutral enough that you still have your dignity and mystique intact....you never know...your voicemail may have made him smile...and that's really nice....and that's what you want. When a man likes who he is when he's with you....then he's interested....So, it's all good.

I completely agree with Smuckie's comments. Also, if the gentleman felt unsure about the email remark, he should now feel reassured that a phone call would be appreciated it. Glib, I think you did a good job of putting the ball squarely in his court without being too forward. Best wishes!

He called me back :grin: Of course I didn't get the call because I didn't get home until 10:30pm (Sidebar: I am so hating my boss right now. Grrrr!) Anyhoo, on his message he said he was glad I was enjoying the chocolate and would give me another call to see if we could get together again soon. *beam*

I just might be getting the hang of this :yep:

(One quick question - I work superlate many days of the week and it's likely I would miss his next call as well. I guess if he leaves me another message I then have the clearance to call him back. But yeah, I'll leave the ball in his court to set things up for another date.)

He called me back :grin: Of course I didn't get the call because I didn't get home until 10:30pm (Sidebar: I am so hating my boss right now. Grrrr!) Anyhoo, on his message he said he was glad I was enjoying the chocolate and would give me another call to see if we could get together again soon. *beam*

(One quick question - I work superlate many days of the week and it's likely I would miss his next call as well. I guess if he leaves me another message I then have the clearance to call him back. But yeah, I'll leave the ball in his court to set things up for another date.)

He doesn't have your cell phone number?

He doesn't have your cell phone number?

Actually he does. But the fact that he called back within 24 hours of me calling him tells me that my bff was right - he was waiting to get a green light from me before going forward . . . .

I love dating saga, especially happy events along the way. Have fun, Glibgirl! I would call him back and let him know you got his message and sorry you mssed his call and leave your cell number. How fun! I remember these days...

^^^Girl, this is NOT fun :lachen: This is nerve-wracking *lol* Okay maybe a little fun but not really . . . :giggle:

Go on Glib enjoy it!!!...:poke:...Glib got an admirer and got you all :grin:...

I think 2010 is your year for dating and possible meeting a special one...You are an awesome example of what it means to position yourself and working on you and cleaning up house/de-cluttering all while getting out and meeting new people. Now if we can do something with that boss..:rolleyes:

I hope it works out!
Sometimes I think following "the rules" page for page leaves room for error. Not all men go by the same handbook! Individual and case by case situations are key!

I hope it works out!
Sometimes I think following "the rules" page for page leaves room for error. Not all men go by the same handbook! Individual and case by case situations are key!

Now this, I can agree with! :yep:

I heard European men are a bit "different" too. :lol:

As long as you don't start coming off as desperate and the balance is kept between him initiating things, etc., then it's all good. Keep us posted!

Yeah!!!! I was waiting to hear what happened! Remember just let nature take it's course!

Back