Short haired ladies, how do u flat iron yr hair?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I know it can be done, but not by me! Maybe because my hair is still too short. I lightly texlaxed to lessen my kinks, but I still can't get my hair strait. I have a 1" solia. It is supposed to be a good iron, so why can't I get the job done?:perplexed Any tips will be appreciated.

im not sure of this but i know my hairstylist that i switchted to i think she uses a little skinny flat iron on me.. for a more soft look...i think thats why i like going to her...because she doesnt give me a hard stiff look when she uses the flat iron....but im the same i know i wldnt be able to flat iron and do this at home just yet....

How do you flatiron short hair? In a word, carefully. I work with very small sections - the size of a section of hair I'd roll on a roller for a wet-set. The good thing about the MiniGlide is that it has this little ridge that keeps the iron's plates from touching my scalp so I am able to get really close to it but not burn it. Then, I just glide the iron once, sort of curving at the ends.

I had a bad experience w the miniglide. It singed a whole section of my hair away.:mad: I am looking for another good flat iron. The solia let me down. Please help!:ohwell:

Maybe you should do a wet wrap first, let it dry then go over it with a flat iron. This way you aren't so depedend on the flat iron for straightness. You may not need to flat iron at all. Just bump some curls in it afterwards. I didn't answer your question huh :lol:

*Bre~Bre* said:
Maybe you should do a wet wrap first, let it dry then go over it with a flat iron. This way you aren't so depedend on the flat iron for straightness. You may not need to flat iron at all. Just bump some curls in it afterwards. I didn't answer your question huh :lol:

Thanks for trying. :lol: My hair is still mostly natural. I didn't texlax long enough. I'm going to try again next month. I only had the relaxer on for 1 minute. I didn't smooth at all because I'm trying to keep my curls. I just am stuck because my hair is short. Once it gets longer, it will be easier to deal with.

Back