Shear Genius

Rei

Who here watches Shear Genius on Bravo? There was a challenge today to create a modern hair style using all natural products, and it just made me laugh because all of the stylists faces were like :nono::eek2: at the thought of it, while I was just thinking "damn, let LHCF in there with all that coconut oil and shea butter and honey and caramel and molasses." This board could show them how its done :lachen: I *wish* my stylist had an inventory like that!

Who here watches Shear Genius on Bravo? There was a challenge today to create a modern hair style using all natural products, and it just made me laugh because all of the stylists faces were like :nono::eek2: at the thought of it, while I was just thinking "damn, let LHCF in there with all that coconut oil and shea butter and honey and caramel and molasses." This board could show them how its done :lachen: I *wish* my stylist had an inventory like that!
That is actually sorta depressing that the stylists seemed that confused.:sad:

The challenge where they had the women w/ SUPER long hair was great. They couldn't cut anything, they could only style. It must have been torture for the stylists. LOL....I wonder if they recruited off TLHC?!

LOL I love that show too! I was going to make a post about it because I think it's so funny that the majority of the clear woman have no qualms about them cutting their hair. If it was one of us (me for sure), that would never happen. lol I've never seen a black person on there.
They hate picking clients with stringy or curly hair, but I'm positive that they would chose us last too because they'd think our hair was difficult to style. I'd love to see an episode with all black women with curly, natural, relaxed, short and long hair, and have them tell the stylist that they're not allowed to cut. I'd love to see what they could do.

LOL I love that show too! I was going to make a post about it because I think it's so funny that the majority of the clear woman have no qualms about them cutting their hair. If it was one of us (me for sure), that would never happen. lol I've never seen a black person on there.
They hate picking clients with stringy or curly hair, but I'm positive that they would chose us last too because they'd think our hair was difficult to style. I'd love to see an episode with all black women with curly, natural, relaxed, short and long hair, and have them tell the stylist that they're not allowed to cut. I'd love to see what they could do.

they'd probably do a great job! ...for the show

...and then one by one all of the black girls who were relaxed would have breakage and the nachals heat damaged later on :grin:

Charley is a "TRIP"! I watched it last season and fell in love with it. There were 2 stylists last season who hated each other (a male and female). They battled each other so bad one episode they both ended up getting kicked off the same time. I guess BRAVO liked her so much they are giving her her own show. She's going to be going to different salons and critiquing them. Can't wait to see that one! :yep:

Back