Shea Butter???

Nola Darling

So..I've got some shea butter but it's hard. So how do I get this in my hair. How do you ladies use it? Melt it down? Mix it up??

Let me know!

Yes, I did a search and got the white screen of death. Link me if you can...

I melt the shea butter in the microwave and mix with conditioner for deep treatments. I also mix it with coconut oil and use as pomade.

A little bit goes a long way.
HTH

If I want to use it on my edges, I melt mine with natural body heat. You just have to work a small amount out of your container and put it into the palm of your hand to warm up. Rub your hands together and it will melt down. Mine was like a rock when I got it, but the warmer temperature in my room made it easier to work with. I used it liquified for a scalp oil treatment and I often use it to seal my ends. I was afraid to put my oil in my freakishly high powered microwave, so I melted it in a double boiler. I LOVE shea butter. I started using it just for hair, but ended up using it for skin, cuticle oil and lip balm as well. Angroca is right, a little goes a looong way, especially once it melts.

If I want to use it on my edges, I melt mine with natural body heat. You just have to work a small amount out of your container and put it into the palm of your hand to warm up. Rub your hands together and it will melt down. Mine was like a rock when I got it, but the warmer temperature in my room made it easier to work with. I used it liquified for a scalp oil treatment and I often use it to seal my ends. I was afraid to put my oil in my freakishly high powered microwave, so I melted it in a double boiler. I LOVE shea butter. I started using it just for hair, but ended up using it for skin, cuticle oil and lip balm as well. Angroca is right, a little goes a looong way, especially once it melts.

I do that too, once you rub it in your hands, it softens.

So..I've got some shea butter but it's hard. So how do I get this in my hair. How do you ladies use it? Melt it down? Mix it up??

Let me know!

Yes, I did a search and got the white screen of death. Link me if you can...

I melt mine in the microwave...then I add 10 drops each of my favorite oil (most often peppermint oil and grapeseed oil) and a tablespoon of honey.

Back