Share your secrets for getting smooth bouncy hair

SleekandBouncy

I just got my touchup so I'm in-love with the bounce and the new length. I've also decided to do my own wash and sets from now on, but I'm spoiled by Dominican salon results so I'm putting together the best tips and products list for getting that shiny bouncy hair. I'm sure others would love to know as well, so let's all share our best advice and products for getting the DR blow-out look w/o the flat iron.

So far mine are:

- Using regular conditioner (in this case Elucence MB) as a daily moisturizer on the last 3" of my hair only, it can't have too many cones or my hair gets clumpy.
- Moisturizing every 2 days. My hair doesn't need anything sooner than that.
- A really tight rollerset under a hooded dryer always works
- Elucence Silk elixir - This leaves my hair really smooth and straight
- Elucence MB conditioner - For bounce
- Wild growth oil mixed with a leave-in - the shine is amazing, but because of the odor I don't use it often if at all.

I wash using cream of nature diluted with water (1 part CON and 3 parts Water), deep condition with Motions CPR or Shea Butter Cholesterol mixed with Castor Oil and Glycerin. I put my leave in conditioner on and rollerset. I sit under the dryer for 1 hour (or airdry if the rollers are tight and perfectly placed) I don't roll my hair as tight as the Dominicans or incredibly symmetrical so sitting under the dryer helps it dry straight. After I come from the dryer I wrap it, put some Citre Shine Anti Frizz Shine Serum on and wrap it. I then apply more serum to the wrap. I wait 10 mins and then put the scarf on. When I unwrap it (bet 2-8) hours later It is silky, smooth and bouncy. I then apply alittle more of the serum to my hair. I only use a pea size amount each time. When it is humid outside I add a little ORS olive oil lotion to my ends and then wrap it up again, waiting 10 mins to put the scarf on, and take it down b4 I leave the house. The ORS lotion makes sure my ends stay straight in the humidity.

Last edited:
For me I have found that technique and not necessarily products are important. I do a pre-shampoo protein treatment using the Macherie method (with the moist warm towel). Shampoo, deep condition. Then apply a nickel sized amount of a creamy leave-in like Salerm or NTM (I have fine hair that gets weighed down easily), apply liquid leave-in for detangling purposes (and to keep my ends wet for rollersetting). Section hair and rollerset. Air dry and then add a nickel sized amount of coconut oil. This way I get my protein, moisture and shine and my hair is full of bounce.

Back