Sew-In Tip For No Manipulation

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
I am almost 6 months post relaxer and handling my fragile 2 textures is just not an option for me right now /images/graemlins/naughty.gif. I had been sporting a sew-in for the past few weeks and was tired of the style, and wanted something new, but dreaded having to re-braid my hair to get the sew-in redone /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

Then I thought about it/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif; Since I'm getting another sew-in I can just leave the cornrows in and sew the hair on top. It came out great /images/graemlins/clap.gif!!! After I got the hair out I washed and deep conditioned just as I would have if I had taken the braids out, and re-did the sew-in.

This way I have the benefits of changing up my style, as well as the satisfaction of having my hair unmanipulated (if that's a word /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) for 6 weeks. So to anyone who's trying to stretch and is using sew-ins to do it, I hope this method could be of some help to you.

BTW, the new sew-in is in the pic of my son and I in my siggy.

Yea that's true...Unfortunately my hair does not grow super fast so after only 3 weeks I don't even have 1/2 and inch /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Back