Setting Natural Hair

naturellebeaute

Hi everyone!

I recently had the last of my relaxed ends cut just over a month ago. My hair is about neck length when stretched, which is still to short for me to manage. I'm currently wearing a BoBraz install and plan to until my hair grows longer. I really want to wear MY hair but this Houston humidity has other plans. I'm curious to see of you guys think a straw set would be a good idea. I know I shouldn't straighten it, so I'm desperate for more styling ideas. Wearing my fro to work is not an option. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Straw sets are very pretty and really time consuming. I personally would rather a twist out. But as for products which work against humidity, I reviewed Entwine Creme Jelly styler where I was testing specifically to see if it would hold up against humidity since that was one of its money back guarantee claims.

Here is what my hair looked like at the end of a rainy day where I was outside doing a bit of gardening activities.

Hi everyone!

I recently had the last of my relaxed ends cut just over a month ago. My hair is about neck length when stretched, which is still to short for me to manage. I'm currently wearing a BoBraz install and plan to until my hair grows longer. I really want to wear MY hair but this Houston humidity has other plans. I'm curious to see of you guys think a straw set would be a good idea. I know I shouldn't straighten it, so I'm desperate for more styling ideas. Wearing my fro to work is not an option. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

At necklength you have many more options than a fro. You can do twist outs, braid outs, bantu knot outs. You can do a flat twist up do. You can do a banana clip bun in the back and twist or curls in the front.

I would start with these before doing the straw set to see how your hair holds in the humidity. If it doesn't hold with the twist out then it may not hold with the straw set.

At that length though if you have the time and energy to do a straw set, you can do a rod set, roller set or use curlformers.

You have plenty of options at NL. It's just a matter of practice until you find your go to style and then working with the rest.

That was long :lol: Start with a basic twist out.

My big brother has dreds and the lady he goes to wants to give me a straw set but I'm worried about it not looking right cause of my 4z coils

Back