Setting lotion recommendations....

...I'm thinking of trying to do my own hair at home. My friend (who also does my hair regulary) says that Lottabody is the product to use. Do any of you ladies think there's a better setting lotion out there? :look:

I like EQ Form or Motion Form setting lotions because I don't like the liquid running down my back. KeraCare setting lotion is also good

LadyR said:
I like EQ Form or Motion Form setting lotions because I don't like the liquid running down my back.

I hate that too! Actually, I thought all setting lotions did that annoying drip thing. Thanks for your input. ;)

I used to use the ready-to-use formula of Lottabody, but I always mixed it with a creamy leave-in conditioner. My hairdresser used to use this method too. I eventually fazed out the lottabody, so now I just use a creamy leave-in and a serum.

KAddy said:
I used to use the ready-to-use formula of Lottabody, but I always mixed it with a creamy leave-in conditioner. My hairdresser used to use this method too.

I've started doing something similar to this recently with even better results. I apply a cream moisturizer and then the Lottabody.

i hate the ready to use formula of lottabody, i actually like the dark blue kind that you have to dilute yourself. the problem with that lotion is that its too expensive for the lil bit that you get :mad: in the summer when i do twist outs every 3 or 4 days, i was running through a bottle of lottabody in no time.

i like ultra sheen setting lotion as well. this one isnt as strong as the lottabody, which is fine because i hate hard/crunchy hair, but you can get a big bottle for like 4 dollars.

honeydrop215 said:
i hate the ready to use formula of lottabody, i actually like the dark blue kind that you have to dilute yourself. the problem with that lotion is that its too expensive for the lil bit that you get :mad: in the summer when i do twist outs every 3 or 4 days, i was running through a bottle of lottabody in no time.

i like ultra sheen setting lotion as well. this one isnt as strong as the lottabody, which is fine because i hate hard/crunchy hair, but you can get a big bottle for like 4 dollars.

Do you dilute the ultrasheen setting lotion or use it full strength?. I do not like Lottabody because I get crunchy sets.

I don't have a setting lotion that I would recommend but I will say this. The Lottabody setting creme is garbage IMO. No matter how little I use, my hair winds up crunchy and hard.

My hair stylist used Design Essentials Foaming wrap Lotion and Mousse on my hair the last time she gave me comb coils. My hair is soft and the comb coils have lasted 3 days so far.

Barry Fletcher Mositure Silk Alchol Free Wrap Set Lotion. Great for silkening and detangling my hair. I use it for wet or dry sets. My sets always come out shiny, soft and moisturized. Lottabody always leaves my hair feeling crunchy no matter how much I use.

I have used the lottabody for over ten years and I still love it. I buy the concetrated kind and my hair doesn't come out crunchy because I keep diluting it until it gives me a soft set with staying power. The key is diluting it to your taste. I'd never use the measurements given on the bottle.

Instead of using setting lotions, I apply a leave-in conditioner to my hair and keep a spray bottle of water handy for rewetting my hair. I always love the results.

Back