Setting Lotion Mixture Help, Please

quasimodi

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this.

I want to do a flexirod set on my natural, 4a-**** hair. I've watched the youtube video a kazillion times and now I'm ready to give it a go. :grin:

I bought a huge bottle of lottabody setting lotion to do the rolls and I also happen to have a huge bottle of Beyond the Zone Leave-In Conditioner.

Is it safe for me to dilute the lottabody with the leave-in conditioner instead of plain water? I plan on getting under my soft bonnet dryer (using low to medium temp) to speed up the drying process, but I normally air dry and I don't want my hair to end up all dry and crispy. Would the extra leave-in help with that? Or would it counteract the lottabody? The leave-in does have water in it as a main ingredient.

I'd like to use up the leave-in and give my hair additional moisture and protection.

I don't know if this matters, but...I plan on deep conditioning with my mixture AO Honeysuckle Rose, honey, coconut milk, suave humectant, and EVOO for about an hour, followed by a ACV rinse, and apply a homemade creamy leave-in conditioner, courtesty of Motown girl's website, before I begin to do the rods.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, any idea how much I should dilute the lottabody. I see what it suggests on the bottle, but I'd like real life experiences

Last edited:
I have done something similar.

i mixed VO5 Extra Body Condictioner + a touch of gylcerin + a touch of EVOO + Lottabody( diluted with water). it was one part Lottabody: 4 parts Condictioner.

The first time I used it I put the creme on each section of hair before rollering. The result hard curls.

The second time I used it I used less creme by applying it to a huge section of hair. I rolled it up and the results were soft shiny curls.

I would recommend you make a small batch of creme just in case you don't like or it needs tweaking.

Back