Self-relaxing questions

cookie1

Hi girls,
:perplexedI was looking at some threads where some of you relax part of your hair, rinse, neutralize and then proceed to other half. :yep:I think it would work for me best if I tried that way because I have thick hair and it's always a side of my hair that doesn't come out as good as the other.

*should I relax top/front or right/left sides first (which one)?
*when you rinse one side how do you keep the other from getting wet? Is the bag enough?
*do you do both sides the same day or some days later?
*is it okay to do one side at a time bent over kitchen sink?

These are all of the questions i could think of for now so, as always I'm open to advice...:rolleyes:

I would ask this right after I've relaxed my hair..it's still wet...lol:wallbash:

hey, cookie. i'd say do front and back section. not left and right sections. reason being is because once you wash your hair you won't (or shouldn't) be reapplying relaxer for up to 3 days after. (that's the rule that all box kits say in the do and don't section. don't wash hair within 3 days of relaxer application) You can do the back and protect the front with some type of oil or base product. 3 days after that you can do the top half of the head and just oil or base the back half of your hair/scalp. No one will be the wiser because the front is all anyone looks at anyway.

unfortunately, i don't have any tips on how to do it all in one day. hopefully someone can come in here and chime in.

hey, cookie. i'd say do front and back section. not left and right sections. reason being is because once you wash your hair you won't (or shouldn't) be reapplying relaxer for up to 3 days after. (that's the rule that all box kits say in the do and don't section. don't wash hair within 3 days of relaxer application) You can do the back and protect the front with some type of oil or base product. 3 days after that you can do the top half of the head and just oil or base the back half of your hair/scalp. No one will be the wiser because the front is all anyone looks at anyway.

unfortunately, i don't have any tips on how to do it all in one day. hopefully someone can come in here and chime in.

Thanks..
If I relax the back first, how do I wash the relaxer out w/o getting the front wet? Or, do I wash the whole head and after three days do the front?

Thanks..
If I relax the back first, how do I wash the relaxer out w/o getting the front wet? Or, do I wash the whole head and after three days do the front?

I never tried it this way because I didnt think I couldnt get the other part wet.

I relax half on my head (2 sections) one day and 3 or 4 days later I relax the other half of my head. HTH.

I never tried it this way because I didnt think I couldnt get the other part wet.

I relax half on my head (2 sections) one day and 3 or 4 days later I relax the other half of my head. HTH.

I always wondered how people relaxed in sections. Now, it makes sense.

I follwed the LondonDiva method (more or less) by relaxing and neutralizing the back first, then the front left section, and finally the front right section. I rinsed and neutralized using the shower hose in my bathtub, which allowed me to direct the water pretty precisely to the section I was working on. After rinsing and neutralizing, I slathered on the conditioning and neutralizing mask that goes with my relaxer system (Alter Ego Linange) and moved on to the next section. Initially, I tried using showercaps to protect the yet-to-be-relaxed sections, but I found that I didn't really need them. Even if these sections got a little damp, it was ok. I just wiped off the water with a towel and kept going. I've self-relaxed only once (four days ago), but my hair seems to have turned out great. It processed beautifully, and I have no breakage.

I also use the LondonDiva method. Check out my fotki...pw in profile. I have a lot of pics of the procedure. Hopefully this helps..:yep:

I follwed the LondonDiva method (more or less) by relaxing and neutralizing the back first, then the front left section, and finally the front right section. I rinsed and neutralized using the shower hose in my bathtub, which allowed me to direct the water pretty precisely to the section I was working on. After rinsing and neutralizing, I slathered on the conditioning and neutralizing mask that goes with my relaxer system (Alter Ego Linange) and moved on to the next section. Initially, I tried using showercaps to protect the yet-to-be-relaxed sections, but I found that I didn't really need them. Even if these sections got a little damp, it was ok. I just wiped off the water with a towel and kept going. I've self-relaxed only once (four days ago), but my hair seems to have turned out great. It processed beautifully, and I have no breakage.

Your method just might work. I used the linange for the first time yesterday and I can see this working.

Back