Sebastian Colourshines FYI...

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Not sure if the news has been broken but Colourshines is back. Its now called Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes and its in a different bottle (tube). It's the same size as the older bottles (10.2oz) and have the exact same ingredients. The formula is a little thicker from what I heard and there aren't as many colors available yet. And of course the price is higher:

http://www.sleekhair.com/1596.html

Last edited:
It is a nice product. One of my co-workers used it on her cousin (clear) and it added a nice shine to it.

What stores usually sell this product? I'll like to pick this up tonight. Deep Brunette seems like it would be my color! :)

All the true Sebastian heads already know about this:yep:, and the new price to go along w/it!

Yeah... my stylist told me about it a few months ago but I haven't actually seen it in stores until yesterday. I really like the clear so I'll probably give it a try but after comparing an old bottle with the ingredients on the new tube I feel like I'm gettin jipped. :ohwell:

Last edited:
What stores usually sell this product? I'll like to pick this up tonight. Deep Brunette seems like it would be my color! :)

So far I've seen it only in higher-end beauty supply stores. Hopefully JC Penney will begin to sell it. I couldn't justify paying 40 dollars just for some clear rinse. Not yesterday anyway :sekret: .

Last edited:
they sell this at this ridiculously overpriced beauty supply store near my house. i don't see how it's worth the 34.99 price tag, though.

i'll stick with clairol jazzing! it hasn't failed me yet! :D

I love this product, I have for many years, I'm glad its around if I ever need it...but I stocked up off ebay when I heard it was discountinued so now I'm set for a good minute. I didn't know it was going to return with a new identity! :blush:

So far I've seen it only in higher-end beauty supply stores. Hopefully JC Penney will begin to sell it. I couldn't justify paying 40 dollars just for some clear rinse. Not yesterday anyway :sekret: .

I know!! the price is killer but the promo is saying all the right things and I could use a little depth to my natural color :grin: I feel a PJ itch coming on!!! :spinning:

Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes makes a cool comeback, from the original Colourshines, with new technology including a thicker formula, better color balance and new shade names. Sebastian Professional brings you the one accessory that your client can’t live without, which is the ultimate lip gloss for their hair: Cellophanes.

In addition to delivering translucent, rich color, Cellophanes contains a special Color Shine Acid Complex for sheen and richness to natural hair color or color treated hair. This unique technology works in heat to seal the cuticle layer to reflect light, deliver proteins and amino acids to the hair shaft, and deposit pure dye pigments. By sealing off the hair’s cuticle layer, incoming light is reflected, revealing a high gloss shine.

The new thicker, protein-enriched formula deposits non-oxidative pure dye pigments on the hair shaft for color enhancement, without a chemical reaction. Cellophanes is non-damaging and deposit-only without ammonia or peroxide.

Well... I can't say that I'm a die-hard Colourshines girl because I tried the clear for the first time maybe 1 month before it was announced discontinued. I've only tried Sebastian and Adore, and the Sebastian seemed to out-perform the Adore easily. I picked up Jazzing yesterday just to give it a try and right after I made the purchase, I saw the new Colourshines. I couldn't believe that the price literally doubled, but then again I could. I'm going to see how Jazzing shine compares to Adore and then pump myself up to spend the $$$ to do a comparison with the new Colourshines.

Back