Sebastian Colourshine Question

Kari107

I used colourshines in coffee bean for the first time on November 18th I love the rich color (Ihave a picture up on my foki) but I'm curious.So I have a question for colourshine users. How often do you use colourshines in order to keep the color vibrant? Thanks:notworthy

Last edited:
Kari107 said:
I used colourshines in coffee bean for the first time on November 18th I love the rich color (I'll have a picture up on my foki) but I'm curious.So I have a question for colourshine users. How often do you use colourshines in order to keep up the color vibrant? Thanks:notworthy
When I used to get them back in the day, I would have to have it redone after every relaxer. The relaxer would strip them practically out of your hair. It washes out a little with every shampoo, and a good hot oil treatment will cause it to lift too. You'll know because your shampoo will be brown (mine used to be burgundy) If you use a gentle shampoo for color treated hair, that should help you retain your color longer. When I would get my relaxer, the relaxer cream would turn burgundy as it was touched up! :eek: They are so gentle that you can get them done on the same day as a touch up. At least I used to.. it would take the color even better then because the cuticle is open after a relaxer.

Kari107 said:
I used colourshines in coffee bean for the first time on November 18th I love the rich color (Ihave a picture up on my foki) but I'm curious.So I have a question for colourshine users. How often do you use colourshines in order to keep the color vibrant? Thanks:notworthy
For me, it just depends on how much I shampoo my hair. The more you shampoo your hair, the more the color washes out.

Kari107 said:

I don't have anything conducive to add to your post, I just wanted to say that your hair is absolutely freaking GORGEOUS!

Allandra said:
For me, it just depends on how much I shampoo my hair. The more you shampoo your hair, the more the color washes out.
Ditto for me.

I usually do them every 8 weeks, I suppose. I also wear coffee bean :)

Ahhh, coffee bean. I miss it.

I used to get mine refreshed almost monthly when I went to the salon. I shampooed a lot and the color would fade quickly.

ETA: Your hair is beautiful. The bling in your avatar is making me squint!

Thank for the replies they were helpful:) . Thanks to Navsegda and Dynamic1 for the complements you both have gorgeous hair.

Hello Ladies,
I love colourshine because it lasts very long,despite the fact that I wash my hair often. I only get it during my touch up which is every 8-10 weeks.I am alittle concerned about whether or not colourshine dries out the hair. in fact, I just got a tocuh up and my stylist asked me if I had been adding colourshine to my full head and I told her that i had. she said that I was only suppoused to add it to the root because even though it is a rinse, it dries out my hair. does anyone know this to be true? I always though rinses were safe to add all over the hair.

beautiful beginnings said:
Hello Ladies,
I love colourshine because it lasts very long,despite the fact that I wash my hair often. I only get it during my touch up which is every 8-10 weeks.I am alittle concerned about whether or not colourshine dries out the hair. in fact, I just got a tocuh up and my stylist asked me if I had been adding colourshine to my full head and I told her that i had. she said that I was only suppoused to add it to the root because even though it is a rinse, it dries out my hair. does anyone know this to be true? I always though rinses were safe to add all over the hair.

Bump! Bump!

I wonder the same. I've heard it drys the hair, then I've heard it protects the hair :confused: I'm searching the previous threads, if I come up with anything i'll post the link(s).

For me it seemed to protect my hair during thermal styling. But it can be drying during the rinse out, so we use porosity control.

Back