SCARED of the air-dry method, but...

leigh.hill

I am willing to try again tonight after exercising and co-washing. BUT I am scared. I tried air-drying with a scarf overnight and in the morning my hair was moist, but VERY VERY VERY dry-looking/dull AND it would NOT hold a curl. I co-washed with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner, applied NTM Leave-in to wet hair. Then I let my hair dry a little, then I put a moisturizer (maybe ORS Carrot Oil), wrapped scarf around head and in the morning...:wallbash:

I am only willing to try again because I am using Cantu Leave-in Conditioner now. Oh how I love this stuff! Do you think this conditioner will make a difference? Should I just give up? I am so tired of coming home from the gym, co-washing, then the styling routine: roller-setting the top of my head, sitting under the dryer on medium for 45 minutes, then re-rolling my 75% dried hair with satin pillow rollers. I am looking for something simpler (and I have tried the bantu knots, braid outs, etc., it is just too much of a style risk for me right now).

Thanks!!!!

try a water based moisturizer spray when it dries instead of the carrot oil. the only one that works for me is taaliah waajid body mist. everything else my hair literally eats up like i put nothing on it.

Do you need to rollerset your hair? The way I get smooth hair is do a wet bun. I don't know anything about rollersetting, but I did hear that airdrying with the ponytail rollersetting method gets the roots straight and hair smooth. maybe other ladies will chime in! :yep: HTH

I am only willing to try again because I am using Cantu Leave-in Conditioner now. Oh how I love this stuff! Do you think this conditioner will make a difference? Should I just give up?
Thanks!!!!

I've had really good results airdrying with this conditioner. I wash or cowash, apply this to damp hair, seal with castor oil, put one braid in the back, then dry using the scarf method. My hair dries really soft doing this.

YES! I am confused. When do I put the oil on my hair? Wet, dry or partially dry? Do I apply to whole head or just ends?

I am willing to try again tonight after exercising and co-washing. BUT I am scared. I tried air-drying with a scarf overnight and in the morning my hair was moist, but VERY VERY VERY dry-looking/dull AND it would NOT hold a curl. I co-washed with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner, applied NTM Leave-in to wet hair. Then I let my hair dry a little, then I put a moisturizer (maybe ORS Carrot Oil), wrapped scarf around head and in the morning...:wallbash:

I am only willing to try again because I am using Cantu Leave-in Conditioner now. Oh how I love this stuff! Do you think this conditioner will make a difference? Should I just give up? I am so tired of coming home from the gym, co-washing, then the styling routine: roller-setting the top of my head, sitting under the dryer on medium for 45 minutes, then re-rolling my 75% dried hair with satin pillow rollers. I am looking for something simpler (and I have tried the bantu knots, braid outs, etc., it is just too much of a style risk for me right now).

Thanks!!!!
I used to be scared too untill I found Vonnique she is awesome and I use her method which works for me .. I have stretch up tp 14 weeks using her airdry method. check her blog and vids out
http://von-nique.blogspot.com/

The cantu leave in is AWESOME! I wash with elasta qp creme conditioning poo, deep condition with ORS pak, then detangle with a spray leave in & coat my hair with the cantu. Sometimes I put it in 4 sections & do bantu knots, or I just let it dry while I watch tv or something. It leaves your hair so beautiful & tames frizz very well. It gives my hair pretty waves/curls. Don't give up on air drying yet!

UPDATE: I tried the air-dry method with the Cantu and it made the difference!!! That leave-in is FANTASTIC!!!! Also before I went to the gym I lathered my hair with a mix coconut oil, EVOO, money and a random conditioner. Co-washed, then applied the Cantu leave-in, Chi Keratin, and coconut oil...put scarf on....in the morning I still have to use a blow dryer to dry my hair, but I put it on low and I only used it for 2 minutes. Throw a few curls in my hair and I was off to work.....must better routine for me! Thanks ladies.

Back