Scalp Stimulation, Anyone?

Scalp Stimulation, Anyone?

• Brushing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scritching (special or plain comb)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finger tip massage (plain)

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Finger tip massage (essential oil(s), emu oil, etc,)

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mleah

I admit that I am lazy when it comes to consistently stimulating my scalp. I keep my hands out of my hair so much, I forget that the hair needs blood sent to nourish the follicles. What do you do, how often and which, if any product do you use?

I do it whenever I think of it. I don't use any products or tools. Just plain ol' finger pads.

I do it every day, and sometimes 3xs a day. I do this because I have a TWA and it is how I comb my hair. So while I am styling my hair, I think about the "massage" and just begin performing the function.

Between that and my Peppermint bang! (my moisturizer..lol) my scalp is loving it. I've only had my TWA for 3 weeks and am getting great growth!

It's funny, because I just started a really boring call center job, so to make the time go by, I message my scalp to stimulate growth. No products though. I can't have sticky fingers at a computer key board

I do a quick scalp massage nightly using either Vatika Oil or Boundless Tresses applied to the scalp. Then I detangle with my fingers (cuz my scalp massage tousles it all up) and rock my silk scarf and go to sleep.

Daily with just my fingers. Not for very long though, because when I get home I'm usually still doing something on the computer. I get my hubs to do it too. Why does it always feel better when someone else is doing it. As a kid I'd talk my Dad or sister into it (I'd have to pay her ROFL)

I admit that I am lazy when it comes to consistently stimulating my scalp. I keep my hands out of my hair so much, I forget that the hair needs blood sent to nourish the follicles. What do you do, how often and which, if any product do you use?

OT Mleah...I love the kitty!!

I think that washing and braiding counts as scalp stimulation which is one of the reasons these are great for growth. I love my denman because it is the only brush that can actually reach my scalp and it feels so good! I always take extra time to stimulate my scalp with it after I have detangled my hair.

Also after I get my hair braided my scalp will tingle for a day or two even if the braider was extra gentle and the braids aren't tight. I wish I knew how to cornrow because I would do it several times a week just for the stimulation and the gorgeous do's you get right after they are taken out.

I use my own blend of stimulating scalp oil and massage it in with the pads of my fingers about once a week. . .

I scritch, but not with a comb. My head gets itchy when I am about to have a growth spurt. So when I get the itch I scratch and massage it. That's usually only once or twice a month. It feels sooooo good!

I have started to do more scalp massages by doing overnight hot oil treatments and noticed that there is a teeny weeny change in the amount of growth. I believe that it works and also, feels good.

Other than whilst washing, i do yoga and a few of the poses require me to have my head lower than my heart, so all the blood goes rushing to my head :-)

The best stimulation I have ever had is just with a hand held shower head. Turn it on to the massage setting and go section by section, concentrating on your scalp.

I use WAHL massager to stimulate my scalp..for 5 min every day. And then I try to exercise..which both help with growth (atleast for me).

I think frequent cardio is great for sending blood to the scalp while keeping your hands outta your hair. My hair always grows like a weed when I step it up on my workouts.

I just started massaging my OCT mix and JBCO 3x a week. Also, whenever my head itches instead of scratching it I massage it.

Back