Scalp soreness and tenderness

cheri_flava74

I go a relaxer about three weeks ago with Silk Elements Lye regular. Afterwords my hair felt like straw and my scalp have been aching so bad. I can't even do a bun. My hair is shedding a little because it is so dry. I always get scalp irritations with most of the relaxers that I have tried but I don't think this is normal. My crown is the most tender. I was thinking about transistioning again but I hate to loose my length because the last time I cut it after 4 months of new growth (see attached pictures). Help a sister out my scalp still feels on fire after three weeks and washing/cw almost everyday.

Last edited:
Thank you. I used a gel by elasta qp....feels like silk and twirl my hair around my finger. After I finished, I sprayed my twist with the setting lotion by elasta qp.

sorry for your pain. I too have been having crown/scalp aches. I don't know what to tell ya, but going natural sounds good to me right now.

I've been reading alot of bad things about silk elements relaxer on this board. You could do a search and ask the people who used it how they fixed the problem.

Back