Scalp Protectant

Michelle79

Hi Ladies!

Can someone please reccommend a good scalp protectant to put on my scalp to stop it from burning while being relaxed. I burn in certain areas of my scalp. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
wink.gif

Yes, I put some cheap grease on my hair and scalp the day before my relaxer. My stylist was surprised that I didn't burn @ all when I did this.

Creme of Nature has a scalp protectant in a big cream bottle w/ black writing. Isoplus has one and it's a little bottle.

I used to find that vaseline (or any kind of grease) with a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil would make my scalp feel cool and numb.

I think castor oil does wonders for protecting against burns.I burn very very easily.

I use A and D ointment as a base before and I use it after to soothe my scalp and hairline. It does wonders!

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
I think castor oil does wonders for protecting against burns.I burn very very easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you decide to use castor oil and you get any on your new growth your hair might come out underprocessed this happened to me twice.
nono.gif

Back