Scalp massages?

lovegan

Hi all,

does anyone do scalp massages? if so, what's your method? do you just use your finger tips or do you use a special scalp massage brush...or?

i want to start doing it but for some reason i have this fear of ripping out my hair or rubbing the hair at the scalp the wrong way, causing breakage.

lovegan said:
Hi all,

does anyone do scalp massages? if so, what's your method? do you just use your finger tips or do you use a special scalp massage brush...or?

i want to start doing it but for some reason i have this fear of ripping out my hair or rubbing the hair at the scalp the wrong way, causing breakage.

I use my fingers. I like to bend over so my head is upside down (so more blood flows to the scalp) and then massage.

Some members have ordered this:

merchant.mvc

I use my fingers. It is easier to do when you are conditioning your hair. I add essential oils to my conditioner and use my fingertips to massage my scalp. I keep my nails short and smooth so that they don't tangle in my hair.;)

I have a vibrating brush that I use.

One side is the brush & the other is that massage type surface w/ bumps on it. It works ok when I can remember to use it.

I have also gone to a massage therapist for a scalp massage. That is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

I've have to find a way to incorporate that into my budget on the regular!

rs-brainwave.jpg

That's mine. It has two motorized speeds and is awesome!

ETA: Just looking at the picture made me go get it. 7 minutes flies by when you have it on your head. Unlike using a manual method where you count the seconds.

Last edited:
dlewis said:
wwwoooo AKA-Tude, I'm gonna have to find someone around here.

Gurl,

It's the BESTEST!!!!!

I got it done at a Japanese salon too. (I was surprised they were willing to do it!)

They use an oil of some sort, massage the scalp all kindsa ways, then use a hand-held steamer for the oils to penetrate, massage more, then spritz water in sections & do a really fast massage- this makes the oil foam, then shampoo (still massaging), condition (more massaging) and style. $30!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Back