Scalp injections :-(........

jaibee

Hey people, i went to the dermatologist this morning. I have a bald spot in the back of my head near my neck and she told me it was alopecia areata /images/graemlins/frown.gif. When I was growing up I used to get small bald spots in the back of my head but they would always grow back. I stopped getting them for about 9 or 10 years then when I switched relaxers I got another spot but bigger than it ever was before. I thought it was the relaxer but the derm said it wasn't, she said I could keep getting relaxers if I wanted. I had to get scalp injections in the area today, I am supposed to get 3 more treatments for the next three months. She said there was a cream that I could have used but it was really messy and it had to be used everyday. The shots were not fun and I feel like punking out on the next ones. But I want my hair back, my hair covers it up but I can't really wear any updos cause my kitchen area is gone except for peach fuzz. I need support! I am thanking God that the spot is in an area that can be covered up though.

Awwww Jaibee /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I agree, it could be in a worse spot. I'm glad that you're able to get treatment for it. Everything will work out just fine. Just 3 more to go!!! You can do it!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif We're here for you Jaibee. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks kitchen....what have you been up to? i've been doing nothing but working /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh jaibee! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Everything will be fine. Just do what the doc says and continue your treatments.

Does the doc know what caused this?

Dont be discouraged. Keep up the treatments. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

My mom had the same problem and she got injections also for about 4 months. Well that was over a year ago and that spot has grown back fine now.

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
thanks kitchen....what have you been up to? i've been doing nothing but working /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Lierin and I have been hanging out. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif Actually, I'm laying low for a little while. It's pretty bad when guys come up to you and say, "I saw you here, there, etc..." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thx tiger. my doc doesn't know what causes it. I think it is hereditary and stress plays a part. i didn't get it again until I had an unbelievable amount of stress earlier this year, so I think that triggered it again. my sis had this same thing and had to get the shots and her hair has grown back

thanks, yeah they want me to do 3 more treatments, so that's 3 more months.....
[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:
Dont be discouraged. Keep up the treatments. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

My mom had the same problem and she got injections also for about 4 months. Well that was over a year ago and that spot has grown back fine now.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't feel bad, i've had guys come up to me and say the same thing....that's how i know that it is time to stay at home for awhile, lol...i hate i'm going to miss the atlanta meeting /images/graemlins/frown.gif
[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Lierin and I have been hanging out. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif Actually, I'm laying low for a little while. It's pretty bad when guys come up to you and say, "I saw you here, there, etc..." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Back