Scalp Injections - Round Two.......

jaibee

Although I was very frustrated about the cut that I received against my will last weekend, I still went through with the second round of my scalp injections today for my bald spot. They were not as painful as the first round, and I was very happy about that. The doc said she could see my hair trying to grow back in, and after this round I should see a lot of regrowth. It is really itchy and kind of sore in the spot, she said that was the regrowth and she gave me a prescription for the soreness and itchiness. I have also been using the nioxin scalp treatment everyday this week. I gave my hair a good treatment yesterday because I didn't know how tenderheaded the shots were going to make me feel. I washed with paul mitchell awapuhi shampoo, then the nioxin cleanser. Then I did a deep protein and moisturizing treatment with pm hair repair, pm super charged moisturizer, and pm instant moisture mixed together. Then I did a scalp massage with the nioxin conditioner. I used the nioxin treatment on my scalp before i sat under the drier. I just really loved my hair and it thanked me for it.

My 3rd round of injections is scheduled for Jan. 17. I am supposed to go through 4 rounds. My sister had this same problem, and stopped after her 2nd round of shots cause her hair grew back. I am going to continue to use the nioxin treatment weekly, so we will see what happens. Thanks everyone for your encouragement, I almost skipped my appointment today cause I was so frustrated, but now I am so glad that I didn't.

I"m glad to hear that things went so much better this time :). Things will get better for you and you will look back at all this like "whoa, i made it through all that now i have all this healthy gorgeous hair." :trampoline: -- jainygirl

Wow! My thoughts are with you.

I was just reading that Emu oil has been shown very effective in hair growth and healing injuries and scars. I ordered some so that I could try it on my recent surgery scar. I am going to add it to my next batch of hair butter. I will continue to document my hair growth...but this may be a treatment you may want to research.

I can find the link with actual pictures of people who used Emu oil on eczema and scars and how it helped them if you want it.

pookeylou could you send me the link please? thanks!
pookeylou said:
Wow! My thoughts are with you.

I was just reading that Emu oil has been shown very effective in hair growth and healing injuries and scars. I ordered some so that I could try it on my recent surgery scar. I am going to add it to my next batch of hair butter. I will continue to document my hair growth...but this may be a treatment you may want to research.

I can find the link with actual pictures of people who used Emu oil on eczema and scars and how it helped them if you want it.

Back