Sabino Moisture Block users....

zzirvingj

How much of the product do you use on your hair at a time? A pea sized amount? A handful?

Do you use it on wet or damp hair?

Do you use it before blow-drying....or after blowdrying (but before flat ironing)?

I just called them and they said they're out of samples :sad::sad::sad:

I know there's a coupon code on here somewhere so I think I'm gonna just go ahead and buy some today...

i wanna know about this product too.

will it prevent frizz in like 90 degree weather??

What "I" wanna know is will it prevent my pressed hair from reverting should it get too hot in the club?? :look: I have used the IC Fantasia Heat Protectant, which has done a great job thus far in slightly humid weather or when it's foggy and/or drizzling. But even that could not stand up to a hot night in the club LOL :look: :lachen:

Honestly, I have had more than one experience wearing pressed hair to the club, it getting all crowded and HOT, and me having to pull it back into a bun or ponytail cuz it poofed up into a massive ball on top of my head!

lol. wow, that's not cool. i hate getting my hair done and going out only to have it transform without my knowing... until i check myself in the ladies room...

BUMPING! someone must know!

What "I" wanna know is will it prevent my pressed hair from reverting should it get too hot in the club?? :look: I have used the IC Fantasia Heat Protectant, which has done a great job thus far in slightly humid weather or when it's foggy and/or drizzling. But even that could not stand up to a hot night in the club LOL :look: :lachen:

Honestly, I have had more than one experience wearing pressed hair to the club, it getting all crowded and HOT, and me having to pull it back into a bun or ponytail cuz it poofed up into a massive ball on top of my head!

Well I have only had it since about November, and I've had ups and downs. Each time I used it I put it on before blow drying. They say it's a science trying to figure out the right amount, and I swear it must be - cuz everytime I did it, it turned out differently!

The first time I used it, I only had the sample, so it was hard for me to O.D. since it was such a small amount to begin with. That time worked wonderfully. I think I put about a dime sized amount on each section like the instructions said.

The second time I used it my hair seemed really greasy. I did go out to the club that night though and it held up! Sweat and all!

I haven't had a chance to experience it with a lot of humidity, but the little bit I did see when I went to FL the first time I used it, it seemed to do well. I just need to get the amount down pact before I can give all praises to SMB!

There are tons of users on the board that I'm sure will chime in soon. I have some but am not using it until I anticipate humid weather or conditions.

However, as for not reverting a press in humid weather I say YES! it will prevent reversion. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1D8dfxpYo&feature=related) along with board responses sold me on buying it.

You can always return it for a 100% refund... hassle free.

Now here's my question to old MB 'heads... will it also work if you just put it on your styled hair as a last step to finishing?

OP, u hit the nail right on the head for the reason why im looking into this product. I cant wear my hair straight in the club and i was hoping this product will help. Hope others chime in!

Well I have only had it since about November, and I've had ups and downs. Each time I used it I put it on before blow drying. They say it's a science trying to figure out the right amount, and I swear it must be - cuz everytime I did it, it turned out differently!

The first time I used it, I only had the sample, so it was hard for me to O.D. since it was such a small amount to begin with. That time worked wonderfully. I think I put about a dime sized amount on each section like the instructions said.

The second time I used it my hair seemed really greasy. I did go out to the club that night though and it held up! Sweat and all!

I haven't had a chance to experience it with a lot of humidity, but the little bit I did see when I went to FL the first time I used it, it seemed to do well. I just need to get the amount down pact before I can give all praises to SMB!

So your roots didn't "poof up" at all?

The true test to being able to say my hair held up to moisture is running the pads of my fingers through my hair and feeling my scalp. If I can do that and feel that the roots are still as straight after the club as BEFORE the club, then this product will definitely be a keeper.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to buy it...I'm just wondering how well it's held up for all the naturals, and for people that used it and sweated out their pressed hair (or relaxed heads whose roots did not revert).

I am wondering about the amount to use when I receive it though. So far it sounds like less is more...

I am wondering about the amount to use when I receive it though. So far it sounds like less is more...

Definately less is more. There are detailed instructions along with your product when you get it. Also, the you tube video I included (along with their other vids) will show you exactly how much too.

I use it on wet to damp hair if that makes any sense.

The instructions are to wash and condition your hair, squeeze out the excess water, re-add some of your conditioner to your hair (as a leave in) and then distribute the SMB evenly throughout.

I have massive hair, so I typically separate my hair into 4 sections. I don't blot with a towel, just squeeze it and let it drip. I find that if my hair is wetter rather than dryer it makes it easier to get the product through.

I put about a nickel size amount into each section, work it through with my fingers, and then with my denman brush. (I've already detangled my hair in the shower). If I feel like a need more, or a missed a spot, I will add, but in very small amounts b/c it's easy to go overboard. Once all the sections are done, I smooth it all back into a bun and air dry.

When I get ready to straighten, I might add just a tiny tiiiiiiiny bit at a time to my ends b/c I'm a paranoid person, but that's essentially it.

I use it on wet to damp hair if that makes any sense.

The instructions are to wash and condition your hair, squeeze out the excess water, re-add some of your conditioner to your hair (as a leave in) and then distribute the SMB evenly throughout.

I have massive hair, so I typically separate my hair into 4 sections. I don't blot with a towel, just squeeze it and let it drip. I find that if my hair is wetter rather than dryer it makes it easier to get the product through.

I put about a nickel size amount into each section, work it through with my fingers, and then with my denman brush. (I've already detangled my hair in the shower). If I feel like a need more, or a missed a spot, I will add, but in very small amounts b/c it's easy to go overboard. Once all the sections are done, I smooth it all back into a bun and air dry.

When I get ready to straighten, I might add just a tiny tiiiiiiiny bit at a time to my ends b/c I'm a paranoid person, but that's essentially it.

This is exactly what I do too. Except I use a pea sized amount for each section because my hair is fine and it gets weighed down very easily. I think you just have to experiment to see what method and how much product works for you. It took me a while to get it down...but once I did...:lick: Yummiest hair ever!

So your roots didn't "poof up" at all?

The true test to being able to say my hair held up to moisture is running the pads of my fingers through my hair and feeling my scalp. If I can do that and feel that the roots are still as straight after the club as BEFORE the club, then this product will definitely be a keeper.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to buy it...I'm just wondering how well it's held up for all the naturals, and for people that used it and sweated out their pressed hair (or relaxed heads whose roots did not revert).

Nope - no poofing that I remember. And I was dancing and everything. But that was the time I felt like I O.D.'d so I would have really been mad if it poofed up after using the amount I did!

Back