SAAAAALE!!!! in NYC (Super PJs: Please ignore)

BlkMane

Okay, there is a dollar store close to the corner of 97th and Columbus that is having one of those "cleaning out the inventory sales."

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING in the store is on sale!

They had Tropical Cinnamon and Tropical Black,
ONE Motions relaxer lye (mild-regular formula),
a lot of hair pomades,
some Dominican shampoos and conditioners by Capilllo (?),
a few Africa's Best products,
lots of Suave (including the coconut conditioner),
Aphogee products
and other hair product brands, but I don't recall them all.

They also have a lot of non-hair related bargains.

Because I've been experiencing some breakage since the weather got so cold (my ends), I purchased two Aphogee products:

Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
It is a leave-in protein reconstructor that is supposed to stop breakage and split ends, I got the 8oz. size for $2.90!!

greentea.jpg

and I got Aphogee's Balancing Moisturizer which is
recommended for the ends of long hair and is supposed to attract moisture to the hair. I got the 8 oz. for $1.85!!!

moisturizer.jpg

I can't wait to try this stuff!

BTW- they have non-perishable food items in the store and also Freeman, St. Ives and Queen Helene facial masks for 1/2 price. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif (Of course, I got me a facial mask.) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lots of good "stocking stuffer" and straight-up gift items for cheap!!!

Re: SAAAAALE!!!! in NYC (Super PJs: Please ignore

Oh, my. I have to sit down for this one (taking deep breaths)

BlkMane, what are you trying to do here, girl?! As it is, I need to START my Christmas shopping tomorrow and finish by Sunday (going out of town Monday). I already mapped out where I'm doing my shopping, and it's nowhere near the Upper West Side!! But now, since you're forcing me, I HAVE to take a detour to see what this is all about. Because I'm not strong enuf to hear about a sale on hair products without going to check it out. There. I said it!!
You're about to be responsible for a stampede up in that store, my friend!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously, though, thanks for the tip! I will haul butt up there and stock up on whatever I can! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The sound of that sale alone is making me want to fly over to NY just to stock up. WHY DON'T THEY EVER HAVE SALES LIKE THIS IN LONDON???? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

BlkMane: I just tried the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer for the first time and loved it. This one's a keeper.

Let me know if you tried it yet. Was it me or did you get a distinct smell of oranges??

Hmph. It's a good thing I don't live in NYC, and it's a good thing that I'm not a pj. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back