S-Curl No Drip Activator Sucks

LakinkyFemme

I'm going to have to go against all the rave reviews and say this product sucks.

Normally, I use Worlds of Curls Activator and it is great for my somewhat fine hair. It gives it volume. Yesterday I went out and brought the S-Curl and the consistency makes me want to puke. As I sprayed it on after a conditioner wash, images of my Jehri curl days flashed through my head.

The results this morning: Sticky, floppy hair with no volume.

I should also say I tried the whole milk treatment and it did not decrease my shrinkage, nor did it make my hair feel much softer.

Hate to be a grinch, but.....oh well.

Lakinkyfemme

I don't think the S-Curl No Drip is good for thin hair (unless you're just pulling it back.) I have thick hair and I agree it's thick (not sticky though) but it controls my hair.

Another case of "what works for one, doesn't work for the other."

Sorry it didn't work out for you. But you know, what works for one person may not work for the other. Just like the other day, I bought some Avacado Oil detangler and conditioner because I saw this lady with beautiful hair buying it. So I got it and put it in my hair and it felt like crap!!! I was so
mad.gif
But I put it on my daughter's hair and I combed right through that bush. I'm sure you're not the only one that doesn't like S Curl. I'ma have to try that world of curls though...I think it's a little cheaper than what I'm using right now.
smirk.gif

I don't think the S-Curl is good for thin hair. It's a heavy type of moisuturizer. Maybe you put too much on??

Lakinkyfemme, sorry to hear of your undesired results. Let me shed some light on my uses for S-Curl...

For the most part, I only apply S-Curl to my entire head when I am wearing an "up do"...ponytail, bun, or braids & twists (up, not intended for a braidout/twistouts), french rolls. I find that it keeps these styles moisturized for several days
smile.gif

When I wanna wear "down styles"...braid outs, twist outs, sometimes rollersets, I find that S-Curl works better on just my ends. If I were to apply it all over, then my hair is weighed down much too heavily.

S-Curl is my keeper "heavy * WATER BASED * moisturizer".... it definitely coats the hair with plenty of moisture (floppy, limp yet mega moisturized hair)

I definitely wouldn't use it in place for a "light moisturizer"
nono.gif
. I really hope that you're able to find a moisturizer that agrees with your hair
smile.gif

God Bless
Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
kia ~ everytime i c your little guy dancing/fighting/exercising LOL... i just crack up. I love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
grin.gif
I think he's trying to dance but it does look like he's doing all three.
laugh.gif

I prefer the S-Curl gel activator, not the spray. I mix it with a bit of vaseline and apply to my ends. Currently i apply this mixture on my braids where my hair ends .

Thanks Adrienne for this great tip.

I have thin, fine hair and I love S-Curl, whether I use it to wrap my hair at night or for protective styles. I only use it sparingly and always follow-up with some type of spray oil for shine.

Everybody's head is different so everything doesn't work for everybody, as we already know. If a product doesn't work for me as promised, I don't think it sucks cause it may do what it's supposed to do for somebody else. It's hard finding a good moisturizer that really works with your hair type. Keep searching!
smile.gif

I love the stuff. My hair is much thicker with and it actually moves and bounces when I walk even though I am in need of a relaxer baaaaaad! I am so glad I tryed it. I have started putting it in my daughters hair. Shes 2 and has hair of wool. I mean it. but i'm working with it.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Ladies:

You know what's funny?

The first time I bought S-Curl, it was the one in the gray bottle. When I realized everyone was talking about the one in the white bottle, I went out and bought it. The one in the gray bottle eventually finished and I used the one in the white bottle.

The white one did not go with my hair at all, but my hair LOVES the one in the gray bottle. I just got a touch-up last week, and a few days ago, I started putting it on my edges before pulling my hair up to a ponytail, then adding a little bit of the mango butter.

When my hair is wet, I apply the S-curl all over. I LOVE IT!

By the way, I guess it's true that it really depends on your own hair. I also tried the world of curls once, and my hair hates it! I'll mail the unused portion to anyone who wants it.

I also like the grey/blue bottle. My mom has the white/blue one and I don't really care for it. Maybe try the grey/blue one.

i'm usin the one in the white and blue bottle and havent seen the one in gray...whats the difference between the two??

I'm not too sure ngaa. I find the grey one thicker and I like the smell better...more fruity or something
smile.gif
I had to buy the white/blue one for my trip cause it was just too far to get my grey/blue one. I guess we'll see how well it does...I'm giving it a 2nd chance.

I only use S-Curl when I do the baggie method, it leaves my hair too sticky to wear down. My hair is thick so I might try the Sta-soft-afro or World of Curls gel after my S-Curl runs out. My mother who is natural used S-Curl and stopped because she said it dried out her hair. The ladies here are not lying when they say what may work for someone else might not work for you. You probably just need to do some more experimenting to find a good moisturizer.

[ QUOTE ]
LakinkyFemme said:
As I sprayed it on after a conditioner wash, images of my Jehri curl days flashed through my head.

Ha Ha Ha Rotflmao !!!
I wouldn't want to relive those days either.

Back