S curl and straight styles

Trinity1

Ladies,

A couple of weeks ago I had asked the question about using S curl as a moisturizer for straight styles. Most of the Ladies and myself thought that it would be too heavy and probably should only be used for braid/twist outs and buns. I thought I'd give it a try anyway and what I did was wash my hair,deep condition it,put my usual Pantene leave in conditioner and then I literally saturated my hair with S curl and let it air dry. The next day I flat ironed the roots (not the ends) and my hair is so silky,soft and has alot of movement. The moisture doesnt feel like its on top of the hair but more like its infused in the hair. I love it!!!!!!!! Plus the hair comes out straighter.

Tee

Yeah Kia,I was surprised when I got this result and I know everyones hair is different and we may not all get the same result. I have 3c/4a hair so if your hair is that texture you'll probably get the same result. Good luck.

Tee

I think my hair type is 4A...but I know when I air dry it in a ponytail and put the Elasta Mango and S Curl on it, it dries soft and shiny. So I'm thinking...why not try it when it's wet and wrap it and sit under the dryer. It might come out nice...I'll let you know the results. I'll try it this week
smile.gif
Thanks for the suggestion

[ QUOTE ]
Kia,

Your avatar is TOO cute!!! I love to watch that boy dance!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lindy. Isn't he cute
laugh.gif
??

I have 4A hair and on Friday, I used S Curl on my wet hair before roller setting. My hair came out soft and silky and not heavy or oily at all. Since then, I've sprayed it on my kitchen daily since it is all natural back there. I'm hoping to increase growth in that area.

Lunalight7,

I am on my second day of my straight style with s curl and its just as straight as when I first flat ironed it. The compliments are rolling in from the opposite sex......lol. I think I'm gonna rock this style all week before I go back to my braid out. Also I think thats a wonderful idea putting it on your hair in the back because I sprayed a little in my palm and ran it through my hair this morning and my hair felt silky soft. This will by my sole moisturizer from here on for straight and curly styles.

Tee

Hey all,
I also used S-curl on sunday after washing my hair for the first time. I put it in 4 braids to let it air dry. Afterwards, I flat-ironed it (oops
blush.gif
I've been trying to stay away from curling irons and flat irons) and it was really soft and moisturized.
I'm gonna have to get some mango butter today since all the ladies on this forum rave about combining it with s-curl. Anyhoo, I think the s-curl can be used well for straight styles. I'm gonna try using it when I rollerset later on this week to see how it comes out. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Tee Tee,

This is probably a good way to use it on straight hair. I was thinking that you meant using it on straight hair say after a roller wrap, etc. By using it the way you indicated, it's probably like a protective barrier for when you use the flat iron.

Yes Allandra I agree because the S curl doesnt feel like a topical moisturizer when used,it feels more like its infused in the hair so I definitely think it protected my hair when I flat ironed it. Plus I'm an advocate of not straightening my hair all the way down the length of it. I just flat iron the roots (get it nice and straight) and then wrap my hair and let it stay overnight. I just cant get over how straight my hair is from this. I also didnt realize my hair was as long as it is (4 inches from bra strap). I think I always underestimate an inch because I thought I only had like 3 inches to go some time last year but I really had 6.....lol,this time I used a ruler and I have about 4-4 1/2 inches to go.

Tee

I've used the s curl when wearing my hair straight, I spray it in my hand and then run in thru my hair, sometimes I seal it with an oil or something like jojoba or Profectiv's Breakthru. As long as I don't put on too much it's great, but if I do put on alot or spray directly on my hair I find my hair gets wavy textured and will look like it's wet.

I made the mistake of trying this on a humid day last fall. Needless to say, my already underprocessed hair looked like a big poof ball.

I may try it again when the weather is not as humid.

I've done this in the past with CareFree Curl Gold and have always loved it. I put a little in my hand and run through my hair then wrap it at night. My hair is moist and straight in the morning.

I dont no so much bout straightening the hair but i do no bout moisturizing the hair. I use s-curl and lotta body(purple and white bottel) on my hair and ooo yeeeeesssss. moisture, moisture, moisture! :^D Lasts all day and even to the nect i am like. YAHOO. i use these 2 and i put some lusters pink oil on my ends cause its thick and it stays on the hair so im loving this now. BTW i am really liking the $0.99 of Suave coconut shamp and cond. :^D Good stuff. espECIALLY the conditioner i can run my finger through to the end w/NO knots. :^D

Tee, I just wanted you to know I tried the SCurl before I wrapped my hair. I sat in the dryer and it came out shiny and nice. I'm very pleased. Thanks for the suggestion
smile.gif

Kia,

I was just wondering, did u put the s curl in your hair while it was wet? And if so, did your hair come out straight when you came out from under the dryer?

Baby,

I used S Curl with my roller set last nite and my hair came out dry, smooth and bouncy!!! I used less this time than I did last week because this time, I also used the Loreal Smooth Intense Serum...my hair is soooo shiny and my 8 weeks of newgrowth are practically invisible....

Kia I am sooooo happy that you like it. Ladies I'm telling you, S curl is a real breakthrough for me when it comes to keeping my hair moisturized,silky and shiny for my straight style. The only other thing I remember being a great contributor of my hairs health is conditioner washes. I want to say thank you to all the ladies that shared their experiences with S curl with curly and straight styles. I would have never thought of using this product had it not been for the ladies here.

Another thing I have noticed since I've been using S curl is that my ends are silky smooth and unbreakable. This product is wonderful for breakage!

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
Kia,

I was just wondering, did u put the s curl in your hair while it was wet? And if so, did your hair come out straight when you came out from under the dryer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I put it on while it was wet and then combed it through and then I sprayed some Arosci setting lotion. Then I wrapped it and sat under the dryer. It came out so soft and shiny.
I love S Curl, it made a world of a difference for my hair
smile.gif

are you guys putting this throughout your hair or just on specific areas such as the ends and the scalp? God bless you all.

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and purchased S-curl today. I'm going to try it on my hair when it's dry and wet and see what works best for me. Wish me luck!

[ QUOTE ]
I finally jumped on the bandwagon and purchased S-curl today. I'm going to try it on my hair when it's dry and wet and see what works best for me. Wish me luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing. It doesn't do too much for me when I've just washed it, but once it's air dried a little bit and I put it on and tie it back, it dries so smooth! The next day I spritz some more through out my hair and it keeps it really moist. I've been using it for a month now and I can see the change in my hair. I now use it on my two year old's hair. Her hair is much easier to manage now.
smile.gif

DO u guy use the scurl spray or the one that u pour out. I am totally clueless about s-curl. Which one is the moisturizer that everyone uses ?

The one I use is in the blue and white spray bottle. I spray it throughout the length of my hair until its soaked. The next day my hair is da bomb
smile.gif
Today I am sporting a ponytail and my ponytail is pretty long,I have some pieces coming around my face. I gotta say the longer my hair is getting the more I can do with it and it feels so good. Anyway I digress.....lol,back to S curl. I havent tried it with blowdrying yet and I think that I am going to try it this weekend . Because its such an intense moisturizer I'm thinking it may serve as a great barrier for the heat from a blow dryer. Since I HARDLY ever blow dry I dont think it will hurt. I'll let you ladies know how that turns out. Also I wanted to share that the S curl is so moisturizing that it changes the texture of my hair,it makes it look more like a 3b or something like that.
I'm still shocked by this product.

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys putting this throughout your hair or just on specific areas such as the ends and the scalp? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the late reply...

I put it in my hair after I wash and condition it and it's soaking wet. I spray it through out my hair meaning ends and my roots because it's mainly the roots that I need moisture since my new growth is kicking in big time. HTH

thanks for the response. i finally bought the s-curl spray yesterday and i sprayed it into my hands and its more creamier than i thought. i thought it would be like water. anywho i applied to my ends and then sealed it with hot 6 oil (thanks peachtree
wave.gif
) and wrapped my hair. i touched it this morning and the ends felt soooo soft. i am loving this.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

Back