Rudy Giuliani Settles Long Divorce From His Third Wife

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Watch and see that if he doesn't end up in jail behind Trump, he'll remarry again.

Giuliani settles long divorce from his third wife

4AD3BE7F00000578-0-image-a-66_1522875881290.jpg

NEW YORK — Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and his third wife have reached a settlement in a yearslong court battle that exposed details about their luxurious lifestyle, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Giuliani, 75, and his wife, Judith, put an end to their differences and “intend to remain friends in the years to come,” Judith Giuliani's divorce attorney, Bernard E. Clair, told the newspaper.

An email and phone call left for Clair was not returned. It was not immediately clear who represented Rudy Giuliani.

The settlement comes more than year after Judith Giuliani filed divorce papers against her now former husband, the personal attorney to President Donald Trump.

The couple was married for 15 years. Their divorce settlement will remain confidential, the Times said.

Throughout the divorce, details about the couple's $230,000 monthly budget became public, including six houses, 11 country club memberships and $12,000 on Rudy Giuliani's cigars.

Giuliani previously was married for 20 years to Donna Hanover. Before that, he was married for 14 years to his second cousin, Regina Peruggi. That marriage was later annulled.

How was a 14 year marriage annulled? Did I read that right?
Good question. I found this in an old Slate article:

Let’s haul out the Rudy sin list. His first marriage, to Regina Peruggi, was annulled on the grounds that they didn’t get the dispensation from the Catholic Church they needed to marry as second cousins, once removed. Annulments are a religious fiction—the obvious reason to get one is so you can be married in the church again—but after 14 years of marriage, Giuliani’s can only seem squirrelly.

My first suspicion is that he knew, but this was a way of getting out of paying her alimony. But I still don't understand how that religious affair is relevant to legal marriage.

Good question. I found this in an old Slate article:

Let’s haul out the Rudy sin list. His first marriage, to Regina Peruggi, was annulled on the grounds that they didn’t get the dispensation from the Catholic Church they needed to marry as second cousins, once removed. Annulments are a religious fiction—the obvious reason to get one is so you can be married in the church again—but after 14 years of marriage, Giuliani’s can only seem squirrelly.

My first suspicion is that he knew, but this was a way of getting out of paying her alimony. But I still don't understand how that religious affair is relevant to legal marriage.

So it was not legally annulled, only in the church? So he should have still had to go through a legal divorce, pay alimony or whatever necessary.

I can't tell whether the annulment was legal or not. People write about it like it mattered, and church annulments don't matter :look: I'm confused

As far as I know there is no legality to it. It's all religious. A divorce still have to be granted by the court. Getting an annulment means he can re-married in the church. I do side eye the priest who married him to his second cousin. I doubt the priest didn't know.

Back