Rotating Shampoo/Conditioner Lines

angelita842002

Do you guys have guys have two or more sets of shampoo and conditioners? What are the benefits of doing this? I was reading another thread were someone had like 5 different sets of poos/cons? Because one would stop working after a while How do you rotate them?(a different one every week or do you mix them together?) TIA

Well, I'm not much help, because I use only one shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. Some people rotate their products weekly because they say the products stop working for them. If I clarify regularly, I don't have this problem, but some still do.

I have:

Keracare detangling shampoo/conditioner
Neutrogena triple moisture/conditioner
Cream of Nature (green) shampoo/ nourishing conditioner
Aubrey Organics chamoille shampoo/conditioner
Garnier Fructis long and shampoo/long and strong conditoner
Assortment of shampoos and conditioner that I use mixed, for example: Shampoo with cream of nature sometimes and then deep condition with keracare humecto...

I basically follow Carolyn Gray's regimen....and I also read somewhere that you should use different shampoos and conditioners so your hair will not get use to the same shampoo/conditioner....I personally don't know if that statement is true or not but I follow Carolyn's book and that's what she does and my hair is healthy and growing...soooo....:confused: I have read posts of ladies who said that after using certain shampoos/conditioners which gave great results at first started causing dryness or they was not getting the same results as they use to...so again....:confused:

Last edited:
Ebonygurl00 said:
Well, I'm not much help, because I use only one shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. Some people rotate their products weekly because they say the products stop working for them. If I clarify regularly, I don't have this problem, but some still do.

See, ebony doesn't have a problem using one product...maybe clarifying is the solution...I just got with the clarifying thing myself...:)

I rotate a lot of different line because I'm a product junkie and I like variety with my products. Nothing ever "stopped" working for me because I clarify often.

Yes I rotate product lines. I have too many shampoos and conditioners, I can't remember them all :look: I am running low on various products though. I used to stick with only one product line and the products would stop working even though I clarified regulary. My hair responds so much better when I rotate products. Yeah, Im a PJ too, but I got that under control :cool:

I mainly rotate Keracare, Elucence and Design Essentials. I have a few other sets that I'm trying to use up.

I just started buying items in sets this year. Before I mixed and matched different shampoos with different conditioners. Now, I tend to use more matching products together. I have one set that is better when I wear my hair straight, and another that is better when I do a wash and go.

I think it depends on the person, I for one can never find everything I need in one line so I have different sets for different times and uses.

I have a Tresemme set of stuff. Their Anti-Breakage poo & conditioner and their Remoisturize Conditioner for co-washes and a quick condish after certain processes for moisture. I use this stuff as needed. Probably once or twice a month.

Then I have Nexxus Botanoil Treatment Shampoo & Nexxus Emergencee. I DC with ORS Mayo mixed with Tresemme Remoisturize after using this stuff. I use this stuff a week before a touch-up and perhaps a week after.

Then there is all the Dominican products, Silicon Mix poo, conditioner treatment, & leave in, Crom Emergencia, lacio lacio, Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse, Capilo Whale Sperm Rinse, and Capilo Avocado & Carrot DC. I'll use this stuff from 3 weeks post on pretty regularly.

And I use V05 Kiwi Clarifying poo as needed.

I wish I could just use one line, I probably could but all of these products have been great for my hair and I'm starting to instinctively know when to use what. It's alot, but having it all makes me feel 'safe'. :ohwell: I hope to reform one of these days though.

Used to, but Aveda DR got me whipped! I do clarify with Elucence or use my shikakai bar if necessary, but I always follow with a DR poo. I'm in hair heaven with DR and I'm never leaving!;)

I have a s**tload of conditioners but the only shampoos I use are Elucence MB, Roux PC poo, Keracare Detangling, and Aveda DR. Oh, and Elucence clarifying and Redken Cleansing Cream. Like so many others, the Aveda DR is really getting to me. I just got my liters of the DR so I think I may be using this a lot more than anything else. I usually use the Elucence and the DR.

SvelteVelvet said:
Then there is all the Dominican products, Silicon Mix poo, conditioner treatment, & leave in, Crom Emergencia, lacio lacio, Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse, Capilo Whale Sperm Rinse, and Capilo Avocado & Carrot DC. I'll use this stuff from 3 weeks post on pretty regularly.

I wish I could just use one line, I probably could but all of these products have been great for my hair and I'm starting to instinctively know when to use what. It's alot, but having it all makes me feel 'safe'. :ohwell: I hope to reform one of these days though.

This is me. All of the above and more long with my Aveda. My hair need different products at diff times. Somethings work better when I have 8wks ng opposed to 2wks ng.

Back