Rotating Conditioners???

northernbelle

I read recently in Dr. Susan Taylor's book, Brown Skin, that one should change conditioners every three weeks, so that the hair will not become accustomed to one conditioner.

What do you think about this?

Note: Dr. Susan Taylor covers topics re: African American skin, hair and nails in her book.

I am interested in your responses.

northernbelle

I think this is a good idea. I have two conditioners that I alternate when I shampoo my hair. I also have a few conditioners that I alternate when I just rinse my hair (on the days that I don't shampoo).

its probably a good idea but i don't think it has to be every 3 weeks though. some people do 1 month on and 1 month off-maybe more. i guess only we can tell if the conditioner is working

i haven't changed shampoo and conditioner for at least 5 months and the stuff still works on my hair.

Yeah, I don't change every three weeks exactly...probably about once a month or so. Good idea to rotate though. I do this with shampoo as well.

I always use my Humectress but I alternate my leave-ins, Headress and Biolage, mainly because I love both very much and I don't want to run out of either one for a while.

I alternate between my Botanoil and Therappe shampoos also.

I have so many conditioners that I just pull a different one out each week. I have only 2 shampoos though...

I'm finding my conditioners stop working after a month and a half, roughly 6 weeks. Then I switch to a new product and the effect returns and I retain length like wildfire. Sounds like this is more or less normal.:yep: Glad to know.

I co-wash/oil rinse with a light protein conditioner, followed by moisturizing conditioner, final acv rinse. I have several conditioners and oils in rotation.

I'm a PJ so I have a lot of different products I seal, condition, cowash, shampoo and DC with. But if something works, i don't see why someone has to keep changing it just to get used to other products.

i use a different one at every wash ,i need to eliminate the bad stuff to use my 3 main lines Bee Mine,Curl Junkie and Honeychild

I read in a book may have been Curly Like Me that you should switch up conditioners because after a while they'll build up and make your hair look dull I assumed it meant cone conditioners... I switch shampoos but only keep two conditioners one protein one moisture.

silenttullip,
That's why I clarify, chelate, or detox from time to time. I used to think it was b/c my hair adjusted to my fav condish or that I needed to rotate them. For me I needed to clarify. Once I did I got the same results again.:yep:

Back