rollerset

naturallyme

do you have to use a hair dryer to do a rollerset? and what kind of rollers do you use? can i use those sponge rollers because i would like to sleep in them and then wake up the next morning and take them out. i don't have a hair dryer so will that work thank you.

I don't use a hair dryer for my roller set, I just roll my hair with the hard metallic (sp) rollers and go to bed. I have been sleeping in rollers for so long I'm use to it. I wouldn't use sponge rollers because they will absord the moisture from your hair. I wouldn't even use the satin covered sponge rollers on wet hair. I do use them on dry hair the next night.

HTH

[ QUOTE ]
Raquel said:
I don't use a hair dryer for my roller set, I just roll my hair with the hard metallic (sp) rollers and go to bed. I have been sleeping in rollers for so long I'm use to it. I wouldn't use sponge rollers because they will absord the moisture from your hair. I wouldn't even use the satin covered sponge rollers on wet hair. I do use them on dry hair the next night.

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree!
No not the soft pink on wet hair and no need for a dryer if you have the time to let your hair air dry.

I like and use the pink magnet rollers.

You dont have to use a hair dryer to rollerset.

When I do rollersets, I either airdry OR let it airdry 50-75% and then sit under a hooded dryer on a medium heat setting. I use magnetic rollers.

You do not need to use a dryer with rollersets, just airdry. However, reason a hard bonnet dryer is a good thing to have if plan on doing rollersets as part of a regular routine is because will speeds up the drying time. I have 4b hair and my rollersets dry as follows:

airdry - 7 hours
hooded dryer on cool - 3.5 hours
hooded dyer on warm - 2 hours
hooded dryer on medium - 1.5 hours
hooded dryer on hot - 1 hour

I have elminated heat by drying on cool only. I just don't have time to airdry each time I wash, although I do airdry every now and then, like on slow weekends around the house. . .

Sponge rollers (satin cover or not) will make your hair super curly with tight curls rather than smooth and bouncy. IMO, the best sets are when you use MAGNETIC ROLLERS, any BSS, sally's walmart will have these. I started out 5 years ago when my hair was very short using the yellow ones and slowly worked my way up to the larger red and purples ones. You should be looking for roller size based on your hair length and get the largest diameter your hair will take -- thus results will be smooth, loose curls rather than tight curls. The smaller the rollers, the tighter the curls and less bounce (I learned this the HARD way early on). If you've never done rollersets before, I strongly recommended having a professional wash and set and then pay attention and ask questions -- rollersetting is a skill to be learn with much practice --it is not as easy as it appears (I learned this the HARD way too!).

Back