Rollers with the brush inside??

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Do they even exist or did I just dream this up in my head, lol. No really, I can remember my mom having some when I was a kid. I can remember her taking the brushes out of them. They are like mesh rollers with a little brush inside and the bristles stick out of the mesh part. The only way I can describe it is it's like a bottle brush.

I get smooth sets with magnetic rollers but you guys know I like to experiment:grin:. I'm thinking these could give a really smooth set especially for naturals because the brush will grip and hold the hair so you can pull it really taut and make the hair even more smooth than magnetic rollers. (think rolling your hair with one of those round brushes for blow-drying)

Or....they could possibly be bad and get tangled up in the hair.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of these? I wish i could experiment with these but I don't think my mom has them anymore and I've never seen them anywhere else. They probably wouldn't come as big as I need them to be anyway.....I can remember them being pretty small.

I know what you're talking about but don't recall seeing any recently. Based on the length of your hair though, I would think they would cause a tangled mess :blush:.

I know what you're talking about but don't recall seeing any recently. Based on the length of your hair though, I would think they would cause a tangled mess :blush:.

That's what I'm scared of but I'm still curious. I've tried other things that I thought would never work for my length or texture and they did so who knows.

Got some about 1.5 years ago. Took them out the bag, separated a rollerbit sized hunk of DRY hair and went for it.

If you have any sort of length to your hair than these are definitely not a good idea.

See what happens is the more hair length you have, the more layers you need to get wound up on that roller and since those bristles are plentiful and fine, your hair will not lay in a straight line between those bristles.

You won't panic at first putting them in but you WILL panic when it comes to take that mess down.

Naw girl, don't do it. Don't even bother looking for them. The don't play nice.

They can sub for mesh rollers - after you pop out those bristles out that is.

Last edited:
Got some about 1.5 years ago. Took them out the bag, separated a rollerbit sized hunk of DRY hair and went for it.

If you have any sort of length to your hair than these are definitely not a good idea.

See what happens is the more hair length you have, the more layers you need to get wound up on that roller and since those bristles are plentiful and fine, your hair will not lay in a straight line between those bristles.

You won't panic at first putting them in but you WILL panic when it comes to take that mess down.

Naw girl, don't do it. Don't even bother looking for them. The don't play nice.

They can sub for mesh rollers - after you pop out those bristles out that is.
Gosh that sounded bad. I think yall are right. My first thought was there may be trouble w/the take down. Maybe this is why my mom had taken the brushes out.

Why do I want to reach out and touch your hair in your siggy and avatar:grin:. It looks so silky soft and fluffy:lick:. *smacks my own hand*:lachen:

Gosh that sounded bad. I think yall are right. My first thought was there may be trouble w/the take down. Maybe this is why my mom had taken the brushes out.

Why do I want to reach out and touch your hair in your siggy and avatar:grin:. It looks so silky soft and fluffy:lick:. *smacks my own hand*:lachen:

:grin: Yea your mom was going in full motherbear protection mode with her baby LOL!

Thanks Poka - Love your hair too! :lick:

i just bought some of those rollers yesterday from sally's. they're nylrem (spell check?) brand. i plan on taking the brushed out and using them as mesh rollers though.

I bought some just last week, by Goody! I took the brushes out though. But they are definitely still out there girl ;)

Do they even exist or did I just dream this up in my head, lol. No really, I can remember my mom having some when I was a kid. I can remember her taking the brushes out of them. They are like mesh rollers with a little brush inside and the bristles stick out of the mesh part. The only way I can describe it is it's like a bottle brush.

I get smooth sets with magnetic rollers but you guys know I like to experiment:grin:. I'm thinking these could give a really smooth set especially for naturals because the brush will grip and hold the hair so you can pull it really taut and make the hair even more smooth than magnetic rollers. (think rolling your hair with one of those round brushes for blow-drying)

Or....they could possibly be bad and get tangled up in the hair.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of these? I wish i could experiment with these but I don't think my mom has them anymore and I've never seen them anywhere else. They probably wouldn't come as big as I need them to be anyway.....I can remember them being pretty small.
The rollers with the brush inside are called mesh rollers. I've used them several times (without the brush - just removed it). They work well. Hairlove uses them all the time (she's natural and gets great roller sets with them).

Back