Roller setting question

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
How do you do a reverse rollerset and are the results different than a regular one? I'm guessing you roll the hair upwards instead of under?? I tried to do a search but it was acting weird. Thank ya kindly:D .

Oh, and what about the mowhawk one, how do you do that? Does that even exist or did I just make that up in my head
c010.gif
......I think I read it somewhere.

Last edited:
Pokahontas said:
How do you do a reverse rollerset and are the results different than a regular one? I'm guessing you roll the hair upwards instead of under?? I tried to do a search but it was acting weird. Thank ya kindly:D .

Oh, and what about the mowhawk one, how do you do that? Does that even exist or did I just make that up in my head
c010.gif
......I think I read it somewhere.

Hi Pokahontas,

When I first started roller setting my hair I would roll it in an upward motion and secure the roller, it gives a spiral curl effect, similar to when you roll it straight backwards.

Hope it helps :)

lavnder said:
Hi Pokahontas,

When I first started roller setting my hair I would roll it in an upward motion and secure the roller, it gives a spiral curl effect, similar to when you roll it straight backwards.

Hope it helps :)

I agree. To me, the difference is that I get better tension on my roots so they come out straighter. Because the roots are being pulled down instead of up, my hair does not come out as big.

I find that doing it in reverse is less stress on the shoulders.(at lease for me)The mowhawk is for overnight. Simplycee has a demo in her fotki.It great for maintaining body and curl.hth

myco said:
I agree. To me, the difference is that I get better tension on my roots so they come out straighter. Because the roots are being pulled down instead of up, my hair does not come out as big.

This exactly the same for me. I roll "up" all the way around. This way, the roller lies on my roots thus, they come out straighter than if I were to roll under.

Ok....got it! Thanks ladies for replying! I will try this out as soon as I get my nerve up to roller set again.......my last one was disasterous!!

Back