Roller Setters--Which is Better?

LadyBlu

I am approaching the 8 week post point, and my roots are getting a little rough. Which method is better for straightening the roots...blowing them out or using a flat iron? Since both are heat which is essentially not good for the hair, is one less damaging than the other?

Hi,
For me I prefer flat iron or curling iron to straighten roots b/c the whole blow out thing with the round brush was a disaster when I tried it. Too much tangling and pulling. Plus, it's kind of hard to focus the heat from the dryer only the the newgrowth when you have the brush in the other hand, so in my case I ended getting heat on the rest of my hair as well. Needless to say it wasn't a very smooth experience. Some people are really good at it but it's not for me. So I went back to my trusty curling iron for straightening my roots. I can usally zip thru it pretty fast as well. Hope this helps:yep:

I flat iron. I hate blow dryers and I don't see how you can get your hair that straight with crazy hot heat blowing on your scalp and not expect to cause problems.

A couple of swipes with the flat iron and I'm done. Simply, easy, little fuss. I only do this once a week, and the hair is brand new, so I toss the whole damage factor out of the window.

Back