Robin Roberts takes the wig off: I Am Not My Hair

lovelymissyoli

I was wondering if any of you ladies happened to catch Robin Roberts, co-anchor of Good Morning America and post-chemo patient, officially stop wearing wigs on national t.v. ... specifically ABC/Good Morning America.

I thought that video clip was so powerful. Especially when she said: "I am not my hair". Now before hearing her say that, I just took those lyrics as any ole thing because I believe my hair is truly a part of who I am, but it helped me stop stressing over my hair for just a bit. BTW, she looks BEAUTIFUL...more so with a fade than that wig.

I have so many thoughts on the issue, especially how the big whigs @ ABC are feeling about a black woman rocking her natural hair...but I just wanted to share.

Check the clip out @ http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4693976

...now if I could just find out what this "hair fertilizer" is that she mentioned at the end of that clip... :look:

O-M-G!!!!! I cried while watching this! She looks SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL without the wig. :yep:She looks F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S!!! I love this!! Thanks so much for posting. SO inspirational.

That was very inspirational. I'm glad she decided to dump the wig. off to google hair fertilizer...

I could barely hold the tears back either. That was an amazing piece, so inspirational. She looks STUNNING with her new hair, she has gorgeous bone structure that may have gone unnoticed before. I am so proud right now!

O-M-G!!!!! I cried while watching this! She looks SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL without the wig. :yep:She looks F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S!!! I love this!! Thanks so much for posting. SO inspirational.

OMG!! She is BEAUTIFUL. I like the short hair on her better. Not many women can pull that look off. I worn mine short for 8 years and til this day my folks still says "I like it better short". So I BOW down to Robin:grin:.

I cried too.

Her spirit is so wonderfully humble - she knows who she is.

BTW, did anyone else want to know what the product is that she's using to grow her hair. :look:

Fertilizer - ORS?

I am so sick.

That was wonderful and very inspirational. This just helped my to make my decision to wear my TWA instead of a wig when I go back to work.

Awww, that is SO powerful!! A testimony to what life is all about; not material or physical things but what's within!

She is so much cuter with her TWA!!

QUICK! Someone run and look at the back of your BT to see if the word fertilizer is on there in any way, shape or form! lol :scratchch

I cried too.

Her spirit is so wonderfully humble - she knows who she is.

BTW, did anyone else want to know what the product is that she's using to grow her hair. :look:

Fertilizer - ORS?

I am so sick.

Wow! I'm speechless. What a remarkable woman. And she is so right...we are not our hair!

"Thank you Lord for Robin Roberts strength and encouraging words. Continue to bless her and use her to speak life into your people. Remind us that there is so much more to life that what is on the surface...In Jesus' name I pray. Amen." - Ivy

I think that she looks better with shorter hair, and younger. This is a very inspirarional piece. Now I want to take out my weave.:ohwell:

QUICK! Someone run and look at the back of your BT to see if the word fertilizer is on there in any way, shape or form! lol :scratchch

I swear I was thinking the same thing. I threw my BT bottle away when I mixed it with Vatika.:ohwell:

Again, even before this segment I always felt like she was real person. Her personality comes through and she never seemed to be apologetic of her culture. I have to work to remember that she probably makes bookoo money and yet she still seems down to earth to me. The only other African American woman interviewing people on tv that I can think of is Oprah and her favorite things are unaffordable to me.

Can you believe that she mentioned donating to someone with no health care? How many people do we know without healthcare and needs it?

Bless her heart.
You grow girl.

Wow! I'm speechless. What a remarkable woman. And she is so right...we are not our hair!

"Thank you Lord for Robin Roberts strength and encouraging words. Continue to bless her and use her to speak life into your people. Remind us that there is so much more to life that what is on the surface...In Jesus' name I pray. Amen." - Ivy

Ditto; well "prayed", Ivy! She is absolutely beautiful, hair or no hair.

Now regarding the fertilizer she mentioned, maybe it she is referring to Virgin Hair Fertilizer?? But she said 'bottle', and it is in a tube.....?

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

I love it!! Inspirational woman...inspirational journey!:yep:

GO ROBIN!!!!!!

Amen!! Beautiful lady!

Back