Rinses, Semi-Permenant dyes=Breakage???

MWilson569

I have naturally dark-brown hair which I hate...I love the look of jet black hair..so about a year ago I began putting rinses\semi-permanant dye on my hair..I used jazzing and the beautiful collection..I love the rich dark color it left my hair..but I noticed breakage from using these products....I was under the presumption that using these products wouldnt break my hair because it isnt permanant ...I was wondering if anyone else had this problem besides me..and what would you recommend??? Do yall think I should just use a permanant dye and take extra care of it...or am I doomed to dull drk.brown hair forever...-Melissa

I had breakage from using the black jazzing rinses. I stopped. Everytime I would rinse the stuff out the entire bottom of my tub would be covered in short broken off hairs. I could not take it anymore. I decided to stop while I still had hair. Now when I want color I use the Motions Color Return.

I used Beautiful Jet Black once and I didn't notice any breakage, but I did notice that basically all the color rinsed out after two shampoos
frown.gif
I've had the best results with Dark and Lovely Revitalizing Colors left on for about 30 minutes under the dryer. HTH

Hey Melissa,

My hair is also dark brown in some areas, and I'm trying to accomplish the jet black or blue black look. I've tried a henna treatment once with great success, but the application was messy. I hear good things about hennalucents and I've gone to Sally's to inquire about this product, but no one seems to know what I'm talking about....so, back to the drawing board.

Keep the ideas and recommendations coming!

I used a Rejuvatone rinse in jet black one time, and my hair never returned to its natural color.
nono.gif
So, if you want something that'll stick, I recommend that brand.
laugh.gif

I had no breakage with it, either.

Back