Return Policies?

Leslie_C

Can someone tell me what stores accept returns on hair products? I never knew u could return them ANYWHERE until hearing other ppl here mention it. Im assuming asian bss's
dont take returns, but places like Sally's, etc do? What about Walmart,Target, etc? I never even considered taking anything back after I took it home. Im mad that over the past few years there have been LOTS of products Ive bought and used once or twice and tossed because I didnt like it. Im just wondering how it works though, especially at salon type places (trade secret, etc) bc some stuff is expensive and Im sure they can resell it once its been opened. Also, I would think there would always be those ppl who would use half or more and then return it or fill it up with something else and return it...lol. Do u get your money back or a credit?

u can return it if u have a receipt...
if u dont have a receipt they might or might not let you trade for a different product or make u spend up to how much u paid for the product u want to trade back in...
I have returned stuff to Kroger, Target, Sally's, and beauty supply stores.

I don't know. I guess a lot of places don't if it's used. They should, b/c they don't give samples out. They really should do that with hair stuff. I'm tired of wasting my money, although lately, I have found some staple hair products, thank GOD. But I am always so tempted to try something, I have to put myself on punishment.
I'm pretty sure Eckerd takes back opened hair products b/c they take makeup. I worked there a long time ago & they took just about anything in general, but I don't know if they changed it. It's always good to ask before you buy.

Yep, your can take it back at almost any place just as long as you have your receipt. Sometimes the customer service will ask why. I usually say that the product was horrible. If the product is over 5 dollars and doesn't work, i'll return it in a heartbeat. I can't stand to see my money down the drain.

I know that Sally's will take it back and so willl K-Mart and Walmart. I have noticed that most BSS especially Asian's ones will do an exchange and not money back policies expect for Wigs and hair pieces.

I went to a BSS yesterday to get some wig clips (i'm making my own clip in weave) but they didnt have enough. They sold them for 2/ $1.49, then I went to another BSS and they had them for 2/ $.99 well that made a difference to me so I took back to wig clips to the first store and exchanged them from Surge 14. I think as long as you have your receipt, you can atleast exchange at a BSS (both were asian by the way) Just make sure to check out their policy before you leave the store.
As for WalMart, they will take back anything with or w/out a receipt. If anything they'll give you a walmart gift card. But believe me, I've taken back pots to walmart because it burned my food and they took it even though I used it. The same is true for makeup which some people don't know, but you can return makeup.
Happy shopping

[ QUOTE ]
MsKibibi said:
The same is true for makeup which some people don't know, but you can return makeup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eww. No wonder CVS sometimes has eyeliner that's opened and already used. That is just wrong.
barf.gif

i think most large chain stores accept returns/exchanges as long as you have a receipt now it gets tricky when you are talking about smaller asian bss. i have returned to sallys, k-mart,wally world, and target. my asian bss will not take back grease type products and gels but will take unopened shampoos conditioners etc. by law i dont think any state allows the return of hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[ QUOTE ]
MsKibibi said:
The same is true for makeup which some people don't know, but you can return makeup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eww. No wonder CVS sometimes has eyeliner that's opened and already used. That is just wrong.
barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is disgusting, they are suppose to dispose of it not put it back on the shelf. Keep in mind that it may be the case that someone opened and tried it in the store, and not the store putting a returned item back on the shelf.

Back