Replacement for GPB?

FoxxyLocs

I'm looking for an alternative to AO GPB, preferably from one of the natural lines (Darcy's, Bee Mine, etc.). GPB is pretty mild, so I'm looking for something similar. Any suggestions?

Is GPB not working for you anymore? I'm just curious because I still have a few bottles of the old formula and am wondering if the new formula is any different (I know people said that it is not).

Also, I hear good things about Curl Junkie Repair Me.

No suggestions but I will be watching to see what others say. I just go for yogurt when I want protein and mostuire and want to get my mix on

Is GPB not working for you anymore? I'm just curious because I still have a few bottles of the old formula and am wondering if the new formula is any different (I know people said that it is not).

Also, I hear good things about Curl Junkie Repair Me.

No it works fine. I'm trying to revamp my staples to support black businesses. :)

No suggestions but I will be watching to see what others say. I just go for yogurt when I want protein and mostuire and want to get my mix on

I usually use egg and/or yogurt when I want homemade protein, but I don't always have time to mix.

Ahhhh, I see. Have you heard of Brendita's Body Works? There may be something there. I am getting samples of some of her products.

http://www.brenditasbodyworks.com/shop/

I just checked out the site. The Phat Head Restorative DC looks promising. The Speedy Recovery looks good too, but IDK about paying $21 a pop for a staple. That could get expensive. I wonder how many applications I would get out of that. I'm very heavy handed and I have a lot of hair.

I don't know if they are black owned (probably not) but a nice alternative is Millcreek they have a couple nice protein conditioners that I like. The biotin one, a keratin one and a henna one.

Im with you I think when I finish up my products ill take that road to. I care very much about supporting my sistahs and brothers:)
Mocha Silk Infusion?
Or Darcys Botanicals

In no particular order:

SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor or SSI Fortifying
Claudie Revitalizer Protein Rx or Claudie Reconstructor
Curl Junkie
Giovanna Nutra-Fix
Nexxus Keraphix

In no particular order:

SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor or SSI Fortifying
Claudie Revitalizer Protein Rx or Claudie Reconstructor
Curl Junkie
Giovanna Nutra-Fix
Nexxus Keraphix

Those aren't black owned companies are they? At least the bottom two are not. I would love to find something comparable to GPB. It is the first and only conditioner (along w/Hsr) that has been able to affect my hair.

Those aren't black owned companies are they? At least the bottom two are not. I would love to find something comparable to GPB. It is the first and only conditioner (along w/Hsr) that has been able to affect my hair.

virtuenow

DUH:lol: I guess I didn't read it thoroughly. *Sorry*

In any case:

Cathy Howse UBH Rx
MyHoneyChild Honey & Horsetail Reconstructor

I don't know if they are black owned (probably not) but a nice alternative is Millcreek they have a couple nice protein conditioners that I like. The biotin one, a keratin one and a henna one.

Nix08 -

If you had to list those three from strongest protein to lightest protein, how would you list them? And would you consider the one you label as strongest protein to be stronger than GPB? I'm looking for a medium strength protein conditioner to use every other week.

ShyIntellect

GPB is more of a balancer of Protein & Moisture hence the name. SSI Okra is a good one.

I think you'd enjoy it and it should give you the results you're looking for.

Another 'stronger' one is:

Cathy Howse UBH
Claudies Renew Protein and/or Claudie Reconstructor

ShyIntellect none of the millcreek are very harsh in my opinion (keep in mind I am relaxed) however in an order I would probably say the Keratin one is strongest, then the biotin and lastly the henna one. I highly recommend them especially the biotin. It was njoy who initially turned me onto it:yep:

Back