Relaxing in Sections Question

LadyBlu

Hey ladies! I am going to bite the bullet and try self relaxing for the first time in 11 years! I AM TERRIFIED! The last time I tried, it was a disaster!

Anywho...I have read the entire self relax support thread and decided I want to relax in sections, but my question is...

Could someone clarify how they are protecting the other hair from getting wet? I've read using a "tight" shower cap to ponytail holders to clamps. I don't get it...

I need someone to REALLY break down how they are protecting the other half of the hair that is not being relaxed. Thanks!

Hey ladies! I am going to bite the bullet and try self relaxing for the first time in 11 years! I AM TERRIFIED! The last time I tried, it was a disaster!

Anywho...I have read the entire self relax support thread and decided I want to relax in sections, but my question is...

Could someone clarify how they are protecting the other hair from getting wet? I've read using a "tight" shower cap to ponytail holders to clamps. I don't get it...

I need someone to REALLY break down how they are protecting the other half of the hair that is not being relaxed. Thanks!

There is no way to really create a watertight barrier... a little bit of the hair will get damp.

A LITTLE bit of water isn't going to hurt. Just cover it up as best you can and be careful during rinsing and you'll be fine!

^^^ What she said!

PLUS, after I wash out the relaxer from a section, I hold the blowdryer over the parts that got wet during the process.

LondonDiva gave me her technic some time ago

lemme find it.....brb

you could pm her for the link and she'll direct you further or if you find one of her posts her link is in her siggy.... and you go to the "self relaxing tips" album

There'a a lady on youtube by the name of ateyaaa she did a video on self relaxing, her hair is really beautiful she has a lot of videos but they are so helpful. Check out her videos you will not be disappointed. Let me know what you think. Go to www.youtube.com and type in the search box ateyaa and all her videos will pop up. I hope this helps you.

Yana

I just watched the video that's how I do it, except its never that easy for me to part my hair with 4 months of new growth so I do it in two sections (front and back).

I always end up with some water on another section, as long as its not soaked then its fine. I usually let that part try a little before moving on to it.

Thanks for the heads up- I love Ateya!!!! That was courageous of her to film her touch up- talk about pressure.

There'a a lady on youtube by the name of ateyaaa she did a video on self relaxing, her hair is really beautiful she has a lot of videos but they are so helpful. Check out her videos you will not be disappointed. Let me know what you think. Go to www.youtube.com and type in the search box ateyaa and all her videos will pop up. I hope this helps you.

Yana

Yeah beacuse of that video I think I'm going to give self relaxing another try next week.

Her hair looks super healthy, but in the back it seems to me she runs the relaxer through the entire length of her hair... I wonder if she uses some type of oil or something to protect her ends because using relaxer on processed ends damages it, no?

There is no way to really create a watertight barrier... a little bit of the hair will get damp.

A LITTLE bit of water isn't going to hurt. Just cover it up as best you can and be careful during rinsing and you'll be fine!

What she said. When I do mine like this, I will blot with a dry towel to soakup any moisture.

Back