Relaxed Ladies and Transitioners: Do you have two sets of products?

Are you using 2 sets of products for your 2 different hair textures?

• Yes! My hair textures like different things

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No. I found that one magic product that both textures love!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

newbeginnings2010

Or a particular product that you use only on your NG? I am coming to the conclusion that this is what I need. I cannot continue trying to find that magic product that both my natural and relaxed hair like (and I also cannot afford it :look:). My relaxed hair LOVES Palmer's Hair Milk and the Palmer's oil. My natural hair likes them initially, but dries out very quickly using these products. However, my NG's new love is S-Curl. My natural hair stays soft and moisturized for days (sometimes over moisturized if I'm too heavy-handed :perplexed) using S-Curl, but my relaxed hair becomes VERY hard using this product. Of course, my shampoo and conditioners remain the same for both my relaxed and natural hair. It's not diffucult (or very expensive) to use both the S-Curl and the Palmer's products daily. Are any transitioners or relaxer stretchers doing something similar?

(Sorry about all of the polls lately ladies. I'm just trying to learn!:yep:)

No i use the same products all over. I treat all my hair as if it were all natural. I just have to add more moisturising product to my new growth as it can be very dry.

eta - i use Elasta QP Mango and Olive Oil Butter as my moisturiser and Hot Six Oil as my sealant. Coconut Oil on my scalp.

Last edited:
I'm relaxed but 50 weeks post right now. I use the same products on my new growth and relaxed textures. KeraCare Humecto has been my favorite conditioner of all time so far. It works wonders on my relaxed hair and I always wondered if it would still work for me if I ever go natural. I absolutely love it on my new growth so it's a keeper for me whether relaxed or natural. I also love Qhemet Biologics products, which work on both textures and have begun to get rid of all products which contain parabens so I'm using a lot of natural products like pure coconut oil and castor oil etc. which also work on both textures. ETA: Love your hair in your avi.

I'm relaxed but 50 weeks post right now. I use the same products on my new growth and relaxed textures. KeraCare Humecto has been my favorite conditioner of all time so far. It works wonders on my relaxed hair and I always wondered if it would still work for me if I ever go natural. I absolutely love it on my new growth so it's a keeper for me whether relaxed or natural. I also love Qhemet Biologics products, which work on both textures and have begun to get rid of all products which contain parabens so I'm using a lot of natural products like pure coconut oil and castor oil etc. which also work on both textures. ETA: Love your hair in your avi.

I've been wanting to go with Qhemet, but financially, even that is hard right now. We've encountered some new bills lately.

Also, that's not my hair in my avi! I wish. That's the half wig I wore for my wedding.

Yes, I do it. My relaxed hair loves protein, my natural hair likes soft proteins in small doses. So I've started doing protein treatments on the relaxed hair only, followed by a moisturizing DC on my whole length. Every two months or so I will do a mild protein on the whole length.

I use two different clear rinses on my hair as well Elasta QP on the NG (no protein). Adore clear on the relaxed ends.

As far as leave-ins I like Elasta QP Mango Butter, S-curl and Taliah Waajid Proctective mist bodyfier. They're all cheap and easy to find @ the drugstore or BSS. Moisturizing on both textures. Sometimes I will use a protein condish like aphogee 2 min or AO Island naturals on the relaxed ends, if I feel its getting a bit mushy.

So, long story short: moisture all over, extra protein on the relaxed hair :yep:

No I use the same products for my whole head. My hair (relaxed ends and NG) seemingly love the same products. I don't have any issues now that I've learned to take better care of my hair.

When I first joined, I had that issue. It seemed that worked worked for one texture, the other one hated. In the end, I had to choose between the lesser of the two evils. Now that I'm in my second year of my hair care journey, my hair has learned to accept the fact that I'm using one product for both textures and now my NG and my relaxed hair live in complete harmony...

I've been wanting to go with Qhemet, but financially, even that is hard right now. We've encountered some new bills lately.

Also, that's not my hair in my avi! I wish. That's the half wig I wore for my wedding.

Oh okay, lol. It was still a lovely style! ETA: Congrats! The great thing about Qhemet's products for me is that I don't have to use a lot to get good results which makes it last for a while before I have to re-purchase.

Oh okay, lol. It was still a lovely style! ETA: Congrats! The great thing about Qhemet's products for me is that I don't have to use a lot to get good results which makes it last for a while before I have to re-purchase.

Thanks, double thanks! I have been eying their number one product for months. I'm determined to use what I have until I run out though. :lol:

Luckily I'm able to use the same products on the entire length of my hair. I make sure to incorporate protein products in my reggie weekly (specifically for my relaxed hair) but I also use scurl daily. I saturate my new growth with scurl because it craves moisture but my relaxed hair does well with it too.

When I first joined, I had that issue. It seemed that worked worked for one texture, the other one hated. In the end, I had to choose between the lesser of the two evils. Now that I'm in my second year of my hair care journey, my hair has learned to accept the fact that I'm using one product for both textures and now my NG and my relaxed hair live in complete harmony...

Hmm. So maybe if I'm patient, my natural hair might like my favorite hair milk? I did only try to use it on my NG twice...I love Palmer's products and I would like to use the full line if my NG liked it.

I do it.
My hair is never well behaved enough to just do what I say. :rolleyes:

So when I'm stretching, I part my hair, spray a little Care Free Curl at the roots, and then rub a little bit of Vatika Oil on top of that to seal. Then I use my Qhemet AOHC on the ends and length, and seal that with castor oil. It takes a while, but it has to be done, because my natural hair likes watery, glycerin-rich stuff. But my relaxed hair prefers creamier, richer things, and Care Free Curl makes it sticky and gross.

Luckily though, my deep conditioner (Nexxus Humectress) and staple protein (Aphogee 2 Minute) are beloved by my new growth and relaxed hair alike.

In my mind, I'm already natural lol so I treat my hair as if it were already natural. My hair likes the same products. I have tried products that either my relaxed hair didn't like or my new growth didn't like and I took them out of my reggie with plans to either give them away or save them for when I'm fully natural. I use Nexxus Therappe to shampoo, Lekair Cholesterol and Aubrey Organics HSR to condition, diluted Vo5 and an oil mix for my leave ins. I've finally found the perfect reggie for me that will continue to stay the same after I'm fully natural.

I was gonna go that route, but I still use the same products as I did when I was relaxed

Transitioning 8 months post and I don't switch product. I mainly moisturize all over and use protein once a week, and throughout the week apply a light protein to the relaxed ends.

OT: Halee_J, where do you purchase you QP clear rinse? I can't seem to find it online. :sad: I want a clear rinse, but many have protein in it. I would like one that's protein free.

Transitioning 8 months post and I don't switch product. I mainly moisturize all over and use protein once a week, and throughout the week apply a light protein to the relaxed ends.

OT: Halee_J, where do you purchase you QP clear rinse? I can't seem to find it online. :sad: I want a clear rinse, but many have protein in it. I would like one that's protein free.

roundbrushhair.com has rinses/cellophanes. I don't think they have protein in them.

for the most part during my transition i used the same products on all of my hair, but my natural hair is protein sensitive, but my relaxed hair loved protein, so products like infusium 23 other high protein products i only put on the relaxed part only, b/c it made my new growth hard and crunchy.

Back