Regular color for highlites

soslychic

Hi. I was thinking about highliting my hair and instead of using a home highlighting kit that I'd never heard of, I was going to try a regular color kit that seems to be reliable (like textures and tones) and use it for freehand highlites. What do you all think of that? Have the colors of textures and tones come out to be similiar to what's on the box? I don't want any surprises.
smile.gif

I have to say that I have high-lighted my sister with the African Pride high lighting box and it came out great.
All three times.She got the exact color on the box!

I think that if you use regular color it'll come out good, but youHAVE to have a steady hand and a "map" for freehand.
I did that once in the 80's and turned out looking like a skunk (good thing I was into punk music back then!)
smirk.gif

Why don't you buy a cap that is used for frosting the hair, they have them at sally's, then apply the color to the hair you pull through...

nina, how did you apply the highlites to your sisters hair? using a cap, freehand?

chyna, i was going to go with the cap but i've heard too many horror stories now of hair snapping and breaking trying to get it through, plus I wouldn't be able to touch up using that method anyway.

I think I'll practice with conditioner or something to see if I can keep a steady hand. has anyone else had success with african pride color?

I used a cap.
The first time we removed the cap PRIOR to her shower.

Snap, crackle and pop!

Then we got wise.

The hair is not hard to get through the cap, it's just a tedious job.
And with the highlights, retouching isn't necessary at all!

Back