regular and mild? *please help*

candibaby

I have a quick question.
I'm considering switching to Affirm/Fiberguard in case my new stylist doesn't carry Design Essentials for my next relaxer in a few weeks, and I wanted to know..

What is the difference between a Regular and a Mild Relaxer? Is one stronger than the other? And which one is best (out of both brands) in your opinion? Thanks ladies.

Regulars are stronger than Milds. I haven't used either brand, but the Mild in any brand is always better than the Regular IMO.
smile.gif

thank you.. that has been bothering me for forever! i never knew the difference between the two. i always thought mild was stronger than regular
laugh.gif

I've used Fiberguard mild to texturze my hair, it left it underprocessed. however on my last touch up I used Original mild and it processed my curl better, so i suspect that the regular in original Affirm would be much stronger.

dang, I was really interested in the FiberGuard because I am color treated, but I don't want to end up underprocessed! I think if I end up getting Affirm, I will go with the Orginal Mild Lye. Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
I've used Fiberguard mild to texturze my hair, it left it underprocessed. however on my last touch up I used Original mild and it processed my curl better, so i suspect that the regular in original Affirm would be much stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious about this relaxer too...
scratchchin.gif

den1, were you underprocessed with the Fiberguard mild Lye formula or the No-lye formula? I think that it would be helpful to know this.

I am thinking that the lye formula shouldn't underprocess especially if smoothing is involved.

Chichi
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

scratchchin.gif

den1, were you underprocessed with the Fiberguard mild Lye formula or the No-lye formula? I think that it would be helpful to know this.

I am thinking that the lye formula shouldn't underprocess especially if smoothing is involved.

Chichi
bdance.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair was underprocessed twice with lye formula in fiberguard, and smoothing was invovled. My stylist was s**t as well that could be another factor.

I think that I have had just about every degree of relaxer strength applied to my hair, and my hair is fine in texture!

Anyway, I have been wearing Affirm Mild Strength for about five years now, and with very good results. I was told that I did not need anything stronger.

I did, however, wear the Dudley relaxer in Regular Strength, and Motions, also in Regular Strength. Although I really did not need to wear Regular Strength, the stylists really could not be bothered with taking the time to work with the Mild - in fact, my stylist in Georgia told me just this in reference to herself!

Anyway...

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

scratchchin.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair was underprocessed twice with lye formula in fiberguard, and smoothing was invovled. My stylist was s**t as well that could be another factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would explain it.
lachen70.gif
Thanks for the response. I am still interested in the Affirm Fiberguard Lye (Mild) because I will be self-relaxing next time around and will be shooting for a somewhat "texturized" look. (NB — "texturized" in quotes because I want my hair 60% to 70% straight.)

Chichi
bdance.gif

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I use Bantu so I can't comment on Design Essentials. I had one stylist who started me on bantu and that was the healthiest and longest my hair had ever been but she had to go away for a "long time". Searching for another stylist I had two seperate hair dressers use Affirm (original), one stylist used Elucence on my hair and each time my hair broke off by the hand full. Until I found my current stylist who uses Bantu and is a God-send, I would buy the Bantu myself and bring it in.

Which leads me to the question, why do you want to switch from Design Essentials?

Back