Regime for Natural Hair

ryanshope

I created this schedule/regime for my girlfriend who is natural. She will be starting it this week. I haven't included vitamins or supplements yet for her..trying to ease her into the lifestyle(lol). She has 4a/b textured hair that is neck/shoulder length when stretched. Hope this can be useful to any natural ladies out there..

Washing, conditioning and styling...

Products
Baking soda(1 cup of warm/hot warm to 1/4 baking soda)
Castor Oil(8oz) mixed with Rosemary Oil(1oz)
Giovanni Direct Leave-In(use daily)
Aubrey GBP Conditioner(PROTEIN)
Apple Cider Vinegar(Ratio 8oz to 1oz of cool water)
Castille Soap(Dr Bronners dilute 1 cup warm/hot water with 2 squirts of soap)
Inexpensive conditioners( VO5, Garnier Fructis,Suave, etc)
K-Cutter comb
Conditioning caps

Split hair into four or three parts(two pig tails on the side and 1 or 2 in the back)

1. Rinse hair with baking soda or diluted shampoo.
2. Coat each pigtail with inexpensive conditioner and finger comb through or use the K-cutter comb. Let sit for 15 or 20 minutes.
3. Cool rinse conditioner from hair and pat hair dry.
4. Pour acid vinegar/cool water mix over each pigtail. Wring excessive water from hair or gently pat dry.
5. While hair is still damp, pour a quarter size of oil in palms are rub hands together. Coat each pigtail with castor/rosemary oil, particularly the ends.
6. Twist,braid or style as usual(rollerset, airdry and flat iron)
7. Deep condition with protein once a week(Saturday). Apply Aubrey conditioner to hair that is parted into quarters. Cover hair with conditioning cap. Sit under warm dryer for 30 minutes. Proceed with steps 4 and 5.

Schedule

Detangle hair gently with a wide tooth comb in small sections. Start with the four quarters and detangle each ponytail
Detangle conditioner soaked hair only. Wet hair is fragile so be patience and take your time. Don't detangle dry hair, this can lead to breakage.

Protect ends(Use Giovanni Leave In, concentrate on the ends but distribute evenly throughout hair)
Follow this regime every other day(M, W, F and Saturday deep condition)
Trim ends infrequently(twice a year)

I created this schedule/regime for my girlfriend who is natural. She will be starting it this week. I haven't included vitamins or supplements yet for her..trying to ease her into the lifestyle(lol). She has 4a/b textured hair that is neck/shoulder length when stretched. Hope this can be useful to any natural ladies out there..

Washing, conditioning and styling...

Products
Baking soda(1 cup of warm/hot warm to 1/4 baking soda)
Castor Oil(8oz) mixed with Rosemary Oil(1oz)
Giovanni Direct Leave-In(use daily)
Aubrey GBP Conditioner(PROTEIN)
Apple Cider Vinegar(Ratio 8oz to 1oz of cool water)
Castille Soap(Dr Bronners dilute 1 cup warm/hot water with 2 squirts of soap)
Inexpensive conditioners( VO5, Garnier Fructis,Suave, etc)
K-Cutter comb
Conditioning caps

Split hair into four or three parts(two pig tails on the side and 1 or 2 in the back)

1. Rinse hair with baking soda or diluted shampoo.
2. Coat each pigtail with inexpensive conditioner and finger comb through or use the K-cutter comb. Let sit for 15 or 20 minutes.
3. Cool rinse conditioner from hair and pat hair dry.
4. Pour acid vinegar/cool water mix over each pigtail. Wring excessive water from hair or gently pat dry.
5. While hair is still damp, pour a quarter size of oil in palms are rub hands together. Coat each pigtail with castor/rosemary oil, particularly the ends.
6. Twist,braid or style as usual(rollerset, airdry and flat iron)
7. Deep condition with protein once a week(Saturday). Apply Aubrey conditioner to hair that is parted into quarters. Cover hair with conditioning cap. Sit under warm dryer for 30 minutes. Proceed with steps 4 and 5.

Schedule

Detangle hair gently with a wide tooth comb in small sections. Start with the four quarters and detangle each ponytail
Detangle conditioner soaked hair only. Wet hair is fragile so be patience and take your time. Don't detangle dry hair, this can lead to breakage.

Protect ends(Use Giovanni Leave In, concentrate on the ends but distribute evenly throughout hair)
Follow this regime every other day(M, W, F and Saturday deep condition)
Trim ends infrequently(twice a year)

thanks so, so much for sharing the regimen....printing it now.

I posted my too because I didn't read if you were looking for a routine or not. Sorry! But I think my is simple too and if anybody else could use it, be my guess. The one you have sounds effective too.
Daily
I cowash with Suave Naturals Strawberry
Moisturize with Qhemet Biologics Olive and Alma Heavy Cream (damp hair or dripping wet)
Style with QB's Honeybush Tea gel or Fantasia IC Olive gel
(^^^for wash and gos)
For weekly washing
Shampoo with CON (green one)
Deep condition with Dove and Olive Oil (plastic cap and keep in for an hour or two)
Moisturize with QB Heavy Cream and Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm
Style with QB Honeybush Gel
(^^^ for twists, puffs,coils, braids, afro)

Once a month a clarify with Suave Clarifying shampoo
I don't use heat and I sleep with a satin scarf every night or around the house.
For moisture at night I spray hair with Dark and Lovely Citrus Braid Spray and I might use the Heavy Cream or Hydrating Balm (just a tiny bit because it is thick and don't need much)

I don't detangle my hair much, just with a pick when wet and I trim loose straight strands off every once in awhile.

Last edited:
Back