Reggie Overhaul

SoAnxious12

Hey ladies!

I've been going through it with my hair lately, with all my tangles and knots ( i really need a trim but can't afford my stylist just yet). Besides the tangles, my hair just doesn't feel the same. As a result i'm thinking of doing a regimen overhaul. I would really like to include some dominican products in my regimen, and i was looking at the anita grant products too. As far as styling goes i'm thinking that straightening more often is a good idea to help keep the knots at bay.

Right now my regime is this:
co wash 3x a week with either vo5 clarifying kiwi,trader joes (ripped the tag off the bottle), or BJ's detangling light condish ( i luuuv this condish)

Deep condition 1-2x a week with dpr-11 for many hours and no heat

I use protein condish as needed with aphogee 2min.

I detangle maybe once or twice a week soaking wet w/condish.
Then i bun my hair.

I'm just looking for some alternatives to my current reggie, so if you ladies have any suggestions feel free to add. Thanks

Your reggie sounds good, it's probably the products that are screwing your hair up.

There are a lot of ladies who were doing everything right and were still having problems. They cut out ONE thing and the problem was gone. It might be something you're using :yep:

P.S.
Your name always makes me think of that Ginuwine song!

*singing* Sooooo anxious. Meet me at 11:30, I love it when you're talkin dirty, cause I'm sssssoooooo anxiooooouuus

:lol:

I overhauled my reggie. I went from just about cowashing and rollersetting 2-3 times per week to shampooing, deep conditioning, rollersetting 1x per week. This is working better for my hair AND my schedule.:yep:

When was the last time you Clarified? Sometimes when we get a lot of tangles it can be due to the hair cuticles not being able to lay down flat. Probably an ACV rinse or Porosity Control Conditioner will help.

P.S.

*singing* Sooooo anxious. Meet me at 11:30, I love it when you're talkin dirty, cause I'm sssssoooooo anxiooooouuus

lol u know u silly!

But if it's one product... which one do you think it might be? I might have to play around with that one.

P.S.

I love that song. They played it on the radio and my mind was just GONE!

I overhauled my reggie. I went from just about cowashing and rollersetting 2-3 times per week to shampooing, deep conditioning, rollersetting 1x per week. This is working better for my hair AND my schedule.:yep:

I've seen this mentioned in another thread and gave it some thought. I'm afraid that if i co-wash less often that my hair will become dry. I've been cowashing since i've found this site. I'm a little scared as to what the result would be.

When was the last time you Clarified? Sometimes when we get a lot of tangles it can be due to the hair cuticles not being able to lay down flat. Probably an ACV rinse or Porosity Control Conditioner will help.

I've tried acv, maybe my recipe has to much water because my hair doesn't feel any different. The baking soda/water combo left me with frizz that lasted for weeks! I've never seen porosity control in stores, i might give it a go.

I've seen this mentioned in another thread and gave it some thought. I'm afraid that if i co-wash less often that my hair will become dry. I've been cowashing since i've found this site. I'm a little scared as to what the result would be.

I understand. Your natural and I'm relaxed. I think my hair was breaking because I was washing it so much but when I was natural I cowashed every day and my hair loved it.

for the ACV use 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 cups of cool water..Porosity Control Conditioner can be found at Sallys Beauty Supply

for the ACV use 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 cups of cool water..Porosity Control Conditioner can be found at Sallys Beauty Supply

oh ok. See i use way less ACV in my recipe! I'll have to check my local sally for the porosity control.

Sometimes less is better. I used to co wash 2-3 times a week. Which was good and now I co wash 1x a week and get the same effect and better. Of course I keep my ends moisturize everyday. Also I get less knots. Thats just something I observe.

Back