Refer a friend

bronzebomb

I have a girlfriend who is newly natural and is interested in natural hair products. Recently she asked me to recommend a solid product line for her hair. Typically I do not share my knowledge of products, nor do I reveal that I am somewhat of a product junkie. I find that some women may not value your opinions nor do they remain natural after seeking advice. This particular friend has transitioned for a year in weaves and has now big chopped! I'm anxious to help, but I don't want to overwhelm her.

Which one product line would you recommend? Why?

Shea Moisture is a good line and has a variety of different product lines in one. My favorites are the Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo & Conditioner, Curl & Style Hair Milk & the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. The products smell good and are very moisturizing for my hair.

I say start with products you can get locally like shea moisture and all the likes.

Don't forget to educate her that using a complete line of products is not necessary. My best hair days stem from using a variety of products from different lines which I know works best for my hair.

Are you just going to refer her to this thread or just tell her what we've all posted? You're a PJ and her friend. You have some info on her hair so you'd be able to help her better than random people. I hate it when women don't share hair info, especially when asked. Asking what you are using is not the same as asking where you got your custom made boots from!

Sorry for the rant.

IA with westndnbeauty. Since becoming natural again I haven't used 1 complete line. I prefer to make my hair products.

Are you just going to refer her to this thread or just tell her what we've all posted? You're a PJ and her friend. You have some info on her hair so you'd be able to help her better than random people. I hate it when women don't share hair info, especially when asked. Asking what you are using is not the same as asking where you got your custom made boots from!

Sorry for the rant.

IA with westndnbeauty. Since becoming natural again I haven't used 1 complete line. I prefer to make my hair products.

It is not that simple. Whether a product would work or not depends on her hair properties and it is not easy determining if a product would work for someone else's hair. It has been a trial and error process for most of us that have gotten somewhat of a handle on our hair, and most people are not interested enough or do not have the patience to be bothered with all of that.

I have had someone ask me what products they should use and when I started asking questions to get a better sense of her hair, she insisted she was not interested in all that and just wants product recommendations. :ohwell:

Back