Reconstructor After Clearifying

PrincessM

... don't do it
laugh.gif
! I tried my K-pak Reconstructor for the first time after using Herbal Essence clearifying poo, (which I think gets my hair TOO squeaky clean anyway) and followed up with K-pak for 5 minutes. Talk about NO slip
shocked.gif
and tangles! Even after I applied my Humectress I only got half the slip I was accustom to. A lesson learned!

But after I softened thinks up, I must say very impressed with how much k-pak strengthened my hair. My hair never felt so strong yet soft. PLUS it stopped my excessive winter shedding. I like the k-pak MUCH better than Aphogee as my strong protein
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
After using my clarifying shampoo, I followed up with a moisturizing shampoo before applying my reconstructor with no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've done this in the past. It's a good way to soften up the hair after clarifying (especially if it's a strong clarifying shampoo).

Yes, I also follow of the clarifying shampoo with a moisturizing one. Princess, I always use a clarifying shampoo on the day of my first reconstructive treatment after a relaxer.

Yall shoulda told me this while I was using Avon Advance Treatment Deep Conditioning Mask. It used to work great, but then one day I got stupid and decided to clarify before my treatment... big ol mistake. Just Like PrincessM I had tangles and my hair felt like the S.O.S. Scouring pad.

now i do a moisturizing conditoner then the Reconstructor
smile.gif

I just did this on Friday. I clarified with Aloe Rid, then used Joico's shampoo, conditioner, and the reconstructor. It was more tangled than usual...but it wasn't too bad.

anky and AngelaP,

I was saying that I used a clarifying shampoo, next a moisturizing shampoo, thirdly, the reconstructor. I didn't mention in my first response but, I followed the reconstructor up with a moisturizing conditioner lastly.

I don't use a conditioner before the reconstructor I use a moisturizing conditioner after the reconstructor.

Don't blame anything else but...the Herbal essences clarifying shampoo. This also happened to me in December. I used it to clarify and I was left with very dry, tangled hair. It was so tangled it felt like a spider's web. Each movement making it worse than before. Ladies...avoid that shampoo if you can (like your life depended on it
laugh.gif
). Adrienne said Elasta QP has one...I can't recall the name. Maybe try that.

Hi anky
wave.gif

Faith, the Herbal Essence shampoo does leave my hair a bit too dry aswell
ohwell.gif
It's a little too stripping for my liking.

This happened to me too. After I clarified I think I used ORS hair mayo or something. My hair was more stiff than usual and my moisturizing conditioner just didn’t give me the slip I was accustomed to. I’m thinking that maybe clarifying left a clean slate for MORE protein to bond to my hair. Then I tested the theory again using GPB and it happened again. So now when I clarify I use a moisturizing conditioner and save the protein for the following week

Back