Recommended Leave-Ins???

UGQueen

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to build a complete routine when it comes to my hair,

Currently it looks something like this (but then again Im pretty new at this so I havent been using all these products for very long).

I put EVOO in my hair before shampooing,
shampoo with Motions Weightless Conditioning Shampoo
condition with Motions Weightless Detangling Conditioner
once a week i use the Aphogee 2 min
And DC with Silk elements Cholesterol

After i Rinse i put EVOO with Infusium 23 Leave in (the brown cap)

I have some breakage and shedding what can i add or take away to prevent this?? Do i have too much protein or too little? Enough mouisture?

And lastly what leave in would you guys recommend? I would like to use something that will give me more slip because I wanna finish of with something that will leave my hair silky and managable.

Thank you :):)

O yeah btw my hair is a 4a relaxed

As far as protein, I do not use those products and I am not familiar with the ingredients in them; however, for a leave-in, I am currently using Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. After I finish this bottle I am considering using Salerm 21.

Hi there!
I can't help you with all of your questions but I can reccommend a leave-in. If you want a protein leave-in then I would suggest Infusium-23. If you want a moisturizing leave-in I can suggust Cantu shea butter! It smells good and it moisturizes my hair. Im natural! HTH

I really like Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship leave in. It leaves my 4b texlaxed/relaxed hair very moisturized.

Lacio Lacio is a Dominican brand Leave in that is also great!

According to the product instructions on the Aphogee 2 minute...you might not want to use it weekly. Maybe you could do every other week, or 1x/month. You should definitely use the moisturizing DC weekly.

For a leave in I use lacio lacio(dominican), but I have just recently started using that along with Elasta QPs HTwo. I also would love to try the Herbal Essences LTR, but haven't yet. It gets rave reviews on this board, so something must be working with that one.

lately, after I co-wash I use a little nexxus humectress followed by an oil for moisture/leave in. My hair has been so soft and moisturised lately.

According to the product instructions on the Aphogee 2 minute...you might not want to use it weekly. Maybe you could do every other week, or 1x/month. You should definitely use the moisturizing DC weekly.

For a leave in I use lacio lacio(dominican), but I have just recently started using that along with Elasta QPs HTwo. I also would love to try the Herbal Essences LTR, but haven't yet. It gets rave reviews on this board, so something must be working with that one.

O ok yeah ill slow down on the aphogee, maybe thats what causing the shedding :perplexed

Ive heard and read alot about this lacio lacio leave in. i am curious to see how my hair will react to it

thank u for the advice

For me:

Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner ( good slip )

Aubrey Organics White Camellia and their Jasmine Shine Conditioner Spray (leave-in/ strengthener)

Afrodetangler (leave in which moisturizes, restores Ph of hair, helped significantly with breakage )

Seal everything with some Jojoba Oil

3c dealing with natural, relaxed and texlaxed textures, I like to use natural porducts and don't want my hair weighed down, but moisturized.

Something I need to clarify is that I dilute the AO leave in spray with distlilled water at least 1:4.

While the herbs in the AO leave-in are great Witch Hazel can be drying to hair if not used with a proper moisturizer

It takes quite a bit of trial and error before you will find what works for your hair.

Last edited:
As far as what to do about your breakage and shedding....that depends on the way your hair feels. If it feels mushy then you need more protein, but if it's dry and brittle then you need moisture.

I have lately just started using the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In, and I really like it. Prior to that I would leave in a little bit of whatever conditioner I used to con-wash. After I apply my leave in, I add a bit of EVOO/EVCO to the last few inches of my hair and then finally add a bit of Castor Oil to seal it all in. No splits, no breakage, and very well balance hair (moisturized but strong).

Someone posted in another thread that it was on clearance for $1.20.

I would recommend Sally's GVP Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, HE Long-term Relationship, and Giovanni Direct Leave-In.

Hey i was looking into the GVP product as well. I think im going to try that, will stop by Sally's tmrw.

Thxx

so i got kinda excited and decided to order the Lacio online, now if i got a good price iuno it was 8 dollars

It will be a trial and error process so we will see how that goes, I will let u guys now how lacio works for me when i receive it. :)

As far as what to do about your breakage and shedding....that depends on the way your hair feels. If it feels mushy then you need more protein, but if it's dry and brittle then you need moisture.

My hair is weird, it doesnt feel dry cause it has lots of sheen and IMO i keep it pretty well moisturized and its not mushy either.
I am going to reduce my protein usage and add a little more moisture and see what that does. *crosses fingers*

You can see all the leave-in reviews I've done here (drugstore leave-ins, that is, Salon and Sally's leave-ins are on another page). I've reviewed so many its hard to think of just one. Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship leave-in was quite delish, but there are better ones, most definitely, depending on your needs.

I have never tired a leave in because my hair gets weighed down by products
When I roller set I only use clear water on my hair.

Can anyone recommend a light leave in????

My new favorite right now is Rusk Sensories Smoother Conditioner with Passionflower and Aloe Leave in. It smells delicious and goes on pretty smooth just like the name implies. I like Salerm 21 with B5 and Lacio Lacio but they are loaded in cones and I am trying to reduce the amount of products that has cones in them. I will be trying Alba Leave in conditioner pretty soon to see if I like that one as much as the Rusk leave in. Thanks Terri for sending the Alba to me as a gift.

Gymfreak suggested getting the Joico K-Pak liquid reconstructor leave in so I am looking into that one for my fine strands as well.

I have never tired a leave in because my hair gets weighed down by products
When I roller set I only use clear water on my hair.

Can anyone recommend a light leave in????

The one I know about and have used is Kenra Daily provision - has sunscreen it too and it is perfect for fine hair. Another one that I will be trying soon is Joico K-Pak Liquid reconstructor Leave in highly recommended by gymfreak - also for fine haired ladies like myself.

My new favorite right now is Rusk Sensories Smoother Conditioner with Passionflower and Aloe Leave in. It smells delicious and goes on pretty smooth just like the name implies. I like Salerm 21 with B5 and Lacio Lacio but they are loaded in cones and I am trying to reduce the amount of products that has cones in them. I will be trying Alba Leave in conditioner pretty soon to see if I like that one as much as the Rusk leave in. Thanks Terri for sending the Alba to me as a gift.

Gymfreak suggested getting the Joico K-Pak liquid reconstructor leave in so I am looking into that one for my fine strands as well.

hey sorry im kinda new here what exactly are cones?

Back