Recommendations for itchy scalp

lunalight7

Hi Ladies! I dont have dandruff, just a very itchy scalp since the cold weather in NYC has come upon us. I havent changed anything in my regimen so I know it's the cold. Any recommendations for shampoos and/or condits for this problem? I recall folks mentioning poo's that gave them a cool, tingling feeling on their scalps...any suggestions?

There are shampoos with Peppermint in them that give a cooling relief...

Have you tried the following:

No-pooing with humectant type conditioners...
Aloe Vera gel
Tea Tree oil/shampoo
Drinking A LOT of water
Honey and Olive oil Deep conditioner (I believe there is a recipe for it)

Those are a few suggestions I can think of...hope one of them helps.

Thanx for responding Pookey! I think it was the tea tree shampoo that was posted about earlier...i have been slacking off on my water intake lately because I havent been exercising (no excuse). Ive added honey and olive oil to my conditioners but Ive never used the 2 together exclusively...I'll check it out (as I sit here scratching)

I use a recipe a saw on Motown Girl's website, for a scalp energizer, which is basically a few drops of peppermint oil mixed with water. Wonderful for the itchies!

my hairstylist uses design essentials therapeutics anti itch shampoo. It costs around eight dollars. It has a minty scent and when she used it on my scalp it felt tingly, minty, cooling and my hair felt clean. She recommended using it mixed with a good moisurizing shampoo. I love it.

I like Keracare's Dry Itchy Scalp shampoo. I love the cool, tingly feeling I get on my scalp when I use this shampoo. It definitely helps with the itching.

i just used the fantasia tea tree intensive conditioner that peachtree recommended awhile ago and i must say it's done wonders for my itchy scalp and flaking. i am very pleased because i've been battling this problem for a while now...hope you get yours in check.

I have a problem with this in the winter months. I like IC Tea Shampoo, Ultra Sheen's Tea Grease, and my stylists uses this peppermint cucumber shampoo that works miracles.

I know you were looking for shampoos and conditioners, but I thought I'd also suggest Evening Primrose Oil. I love taking it in winter because it moisturizes my scalp (and the rest of my skin).

I read on hair Stylist Marvin's website to use Sea Breeze on the scalp before and after shampooing your hair.

All of Marvin's tip can be found on "Hair Tips" link below. Look for MsPrettyEyes' post.

my scalp is suddenly itching like crazy and i dont know why. i take flax oil nightly and castor oil my scalp every other day. i think its getting a biotin boost- "follicular action"- if any remembers that term!

Thanx ladies! Its better since I washed on Saturday, although I dont know why cause I didnt really do much differently. I will look into tea tree shampoos.

Back