Really like the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

sj73

Just tried my Cyber Monday purchase of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and I really like it. My hair feels very silky and soft. I'll be flatironing tomorrow and can't wait to see how my hair looks. I've been searching for THE moisturizing conditioner and I think I found it. After I use up my last jar of Silk Elements MegaSilk (which I think is pretty good too), I think I'm going to be an AO junkie.

Yes, AO HSR is a staple for me. Vitaglo.com has the best prices that I have found and free shipping over $50. I like AO HSR and AO WC. However, I don't like all AO products. Some of the smells are :nono:

Aw lucky! Does anyone know where I can snag this stuff in Toronto? I got AO WC and love it but the smell reminds me of the Trini curry my mum makes mixed with bushes... :perplexed

To me AOHR is like heaven in a bottle. After trying it for the first time I knew that I was in love LOL. It really makes my hair feel smooth and moisturized. I am transitioning and it really helps in keep my hair soft so there is minimal breakage.

this is the best DC I've found!
I tried to force it to be a leave in but I had to let it go (as a leave in). Anyone else use it (on a mix) as a leave in?

That just shows all our hair is different and we have to try stuff for ourselves. While I love, love the smell of this dc, I thought the performance was average. The moisture for me was ok, but there was no slip. It's definitely not a repurchase.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Diva you have to see for your self, AOHSR is def one that is individualized. It did nothing for me and I tried numerous times with it, AOWC is the one for me btwn the two.

i just finished a bottle of AOHSR and i loved it but before i rebuy i want to try AOWC which i have a full bottle of on the shelf.

i use this ao product and also the gbp, j.a.y, and the white camellia its all great stuff...today i pre-pooed with hsr mixed with oil and then pooed with the hsr then conditioned with gbp!

Aw lucky! Does anyone know where I can snag this stuff in Toronto? I got AO WC and love it but the smell reminds me of the Trini curry my mum makes mixed with bushes... :perplexed

Hey! I'm an AOHSR fan in Toronto and I've found it lots of places. Most health food stores with a beauty section have it. Noah's Natural Foods has a few locations and you can def get it there. Also, the organic section of any Loblaws will have it and Whole Foods has it too. I live downtown and have never had an issue finding this. If you live outside the city in the GTA though my answers may be less helpful to you.

I agree this is a great product--just wish they'd put it in a jar or tub because it's so thick. I have to cut the bottle to get the last of it. :look:

It would be nice if they sold it by the tub too!

I completely agree with the above poster, I've been tempted to even write them a letter suggesting that they please offer it in a jar form. When i get to the end of that bottle I get too mad when I see all the rest of the FABULOUS conditioner wasting along the sides of my bottle, lol. I'm really torn between the HSR and White Chamelia. I almost feel that the WC has even more slip but the HSR is really good too. It's so funny how I've never read the bottle to see what the difference between the two really is. Is one better for a hair problem then the other? I need to look in to that.

I completely agree with the above poster, I've been tempted to even write them a letter suggesting that they please offer it in a jar form. When i get to the end of that bottle I get too mad when I see all the rest of the FABULOUS conditioner wasting along the sides of my bottle, lol. I'm really torn between the HSR and White Chamelia. I almost feel that the WC has even more slip but the HSR is really good too. It's so funny how I've never read the bottle to see what the difference between the two really is. Is one better for a hair problem then the other? I need to look in to that.

I was just thinking the other day I wished they carried tha AOWC in a larger size maybe a liter or half gallon. Maybe, if we get together and send them emails they will consider carrying it, at least on line.

Honeysuckle Rose and White Camellia are both good, but the edge goes to WC in my opinion. There is simply nothing better.

In fact, I need to re-purchase some stat!

I was actually considering purchasing this product. Thanks for the reviews. I am headed to Whole Foods after work.. Speaking of work ..let me actually do some and get off of LHCF!! -Manie

I love the honeysuckle rose and rose mosqueta. I used the RM underneath my heat therapy wrap for an hour....HAMMERCY I have never felt my hair become that soft from ANY conditioner. The RM is twice the cost as the HR but hell, I bought another bottle yesterday.

I agree this is a great product--just wish they'd put it in a jar or tub because it's so thick. I have to cut the bottle to get the last of it. :look:

It would be nice if they sold it by the tub too!

I completely agree with the tub idea I love this DC to pieces, but my wish is for it to be in a tub one day.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hey! I'm an AOHSR fan in Toronto and I've found it lots of places. Most health food stores with a beauty section have it. Noah's Natural Foods has a few locations and you can def get it there. Also, the organic section of any Loblaws will have it and Whole Foods has it too. I live downtown and have never had an issue finding this. If you live outside the city in the GTA though my answers may be less helpful to you.

Oh I live IN the city of Toronto but not directly downtown, thanks so much for your response. I'll keep checking the different Loblaws here, maybe I'm missing/skipping it by mistake. THANK YOUUUU! :grin:

Last edited:
I tried it the first year of my hair journey and I wasn't all that impressed. I remember it being much too thick and it provided very little slip. I didn't repurchase because the product didn't live up to the hype and I couldn't justify spending the money for it. I ended up with ORS Replenshing Conditioner as my staple conditioner (I LOVE THIS STUFF).

HOWEVER, I'm thinking about revisiting it to see if my experience was a fluke. If it doesn't work this time its a wrap on the AOHR.

Last edited:
I tried it the first year of my hair journey and I wasn't all that impressed. I remember it being much too thick and it provided very little slip. I didn't repurchase because the product didn't live up to the hype and couldn't justify spending the money for it. I ended up with ORS Replenshing Conditioner as my staple conditioner (I LOVE THIS STUFF).

HOWEVER, I'm thinking about revisiting it to see if my experience was a fluck. If it doesn't work this time its a wrap on the AOHR.

Try using AO HSR with your favorite oil. I don't care for it plain, but mixing it with oil kicks it up several notches.

Back