Random, Weird Question...

Aviah

Where exactly is SL?
Is it where your neck ends and your shlouder muscles begin? Or further down where you actual shoulder is, like top of shoulder blade?

I know I've been on here long enough to know this but I used to think it was at the base of the neck/shoulder muscles, but your shoulders are actually in line with the top of your shoulder blade... at least mine are.:look:

PG13hairchart-vi.jpg

i go by this picture

I think shoulder length and cbl are the same or when your hair is in line with the lowest part of your shoulder, not the bottom of your neck

After finding this site, (and learning the term collarbone length :lol:) I started to understand shoulder length can mean shorter when mentioned by others (on the hair boards). My definition of shoulder length is what I hear referred to often as collarbone.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

when your neck ends and your shoulders begin is the start of SL. Collarbone length is also known as full SL.

I always thought CBL was longer than SL because my collarbone slopes downwards a bit and I would measure from the middle. IMO, SL is the length measured to the widest part of your shoulder (like the picture).

Thanks OP for asking the question. I'm trying to get to SL but I wasn't really sure where it was. I was thinking SL was to the top of my shoulder blade. I will probably still aim for that to be on the safe side.

Okay so, CL and SL are the same..? I never really kept up with length and hair labeling.

I always thought that CBL was longer than SL because your hit your shoulder before your hair falls to your collarbone, but I could see them being that same thing.

For ME, I always thought CBL was shorter than SL. So CBL would be where those boney collarbones show and SL would be you know... your shoulder, the rounded part that connects the collarbone area to your arm.

I just realized this chart doesn't show APL.

I thought CBL was longer because (for me) my hair when it's combed to the back clearly touches my shoulders. Yet, if you pulled the hair around to the front where the collarbone is you're kinda extending the hair a farther distance for it to reach the collar bone, so I'm assuming that's longer????

Back