Quick Question re Kinky Twists

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I am getting kinky twists put in next week and I already have an idea of what I will do to take care of them.

I plan to use the Keracare Shampoo and Conditioner for weaves and extensions to wash every 2 weeks, but wanted to use my Elasta QP H2 as a leave in...

Should this be diluted with water before I put it in my hair? I also plan to use Africa's Organics Olive Gloss Mist instead of braid spray and was wondering if that was sufficient...?

Also any recommendations for a DC with these? Does it have to be diluted as well? I was thinking I could take this time to use up my Silicon Mix that I have...

I am getting kinky twists put in next week and I already have an idea of what I will do to take care of them.

I plan to use the Keracare Shampoo and Conditioner for weaves and extensions to wash every 2 weeks, but wanted to use my Elasta QP H2 as a leave in...

Should this be diluted with water before I put it in my hair? I also plan to use Africa's Organics Olive Gloss Mist instead of braid spray and was wondering if that was sufficient...?

Also any recommendations for a DC with these? Does it have to be diluted as well? I was thinking I could take this time to use up my Silicon Mix that I have...

If you are spraying the twist daily you should dilute to cut down on product build up....some leave ins can be sticky and attract lint and dirt over time.

I dont know much about the Olive gloss mist...if has worked for your hair in the past it should be fine.

Usually....not always whatever leave in your hair likes will work well diluted with water for braids or twist....usually

I have only used infusium 23 and ahpogee provitamin leave-in, both diluted in my twist.

Have you washed your hair in kinky twists before? I am just asking because I had kinky twists last summer and washed/dc'd about every two weeks. After about a week, when I went to rebraid my hair, I discovered that my hair was actually matting and tangling around the twists. I had to cut some pieces out of my hair and almost suffered a set back.

I love the hairstyle, but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't put water in them. Just moisturize daily with a braid spray.

Not to say this will happen to you- but just something to possibly look out for.

Have you washed your hair in kinky twists before? I am just asking because I had kinky twists last summer and washed/dc'd about every two weeks. After about a week, when I went to rebraid my hair, I discovered that my hair was actually matting and tangling around the twists. I had to cut some pieces out of my hair and almost suffered a set back.

I love the hairstyle, but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't put water in them. Just moisturize daily with a braid spray.

Not to say this will happen to you- but just something to possibly look out for.

I washed once a week because I workout often and the sweat isnt good 4 your hair....I have never had any problems with matting

but when i wash I also used diluted shampoo in a color applicator bottle. I applied to the scalp and allowed it to rinse down the length of the braids... no scrubbing or swirling of the hair.... I never DC'd my twists either.....an occassional co-wash mabye but never a DC

I suppose you just have to know what works for your hair.

If you are spraying the twist daily you should dilute to cut down on product build up....some leave ins can be sticky and attract lint and dirt over time.

I dont know much about the Olive gloss mist...if has worked for your hair in the past it should be fine.

Usually....not always whatever leave in your hair likes will work well diluted with water for braids or twist....usually

I have only used infusium 23 and ahpogee provitamin leave-in, both diluted in my twist.

I am not going to use the Olive gloss mist now, because I have heard that oil is not good. I think I am just going to use diluted Chi Keratin Mist and a braid spray. I may or may not put a little jojoba oil on my fingertips and rub my scalp every other day or so...

No, I've never washed them, but since I am keeping them in a little longer, about 10 weeks, then I was considering washing them.

My mom was able to keep her kinky twist in for 4 months with no damage or matting. She washed them once a week. With diluted shampoo in an applcator bottle. She was very gentle with them. I think she sprayed Palmer's olive oil spray on them for shine and nexxus leave in for moisture.

I am hoping that the Chi Keratin Mist won't leave much of a buildup...I think the Keracare for Weaves and Extensions is kind of liquid-y so it's not really too thick and might work well....I'll just have to see.

Thanks for all of your responses.

Back