Quick Help with breakage PLEASE

Leslie_C

I did a touchup about 2 weeks ago...Im getting a lot of long hairs coming out when I manipulate my hair but they dont have bulbs on them so Im assuming it is breakage and not shedding. I have used Aubrey GPB once and I used Joico K pak a few days ago. I used a ORS replenishing pak to deep condition in between. My hair has been feeling pretty moisturized but gets kind of dry after a day or so.

When I just shampood, oil rinsed, and conditioned my hair and detangled I got more hair, a small ball of long and short hairs. In the shower I did a stretch test on a few hairs and they appeared to stretch a little too much and then break, which leads me to believe my hair is still lacking protein. I dont want to give my hair protein overload though.

What should I do?

I have some hard and soft proteins laying around....these are what I have on hand:
Protein:
DRC 28
Affirm 5 in 1
Elasta QP breakage control serum
Aubrey Organics GPB
Joiko K Pak (4 step system 1) chelating poo 2)cuticle sealer 3)k pak 4) moisturizing conditioner) ---this is what I used a few days ago.

Moisturizing and deep conditioners:
ORS pak
Suave Humectant
Queen Helen Cholesterol
Tresemme Remoisturize
Some dominican sole & cinnamon conditioner and some wheat germ conditioner

Bumping for Les,

I am having some similar issues like this myself... Long hairs and shorts hairs...

When you do a strand test on dry hair, how is the elasticity?

Hair pros, What should we do?

TIA

Bumping for Les,

I am having some similar issues like this myself... Long hairs and shorts hairs...

When you do a strand test on dry hair, how is the elasticity?

Hair pros, What should we do?

TIA

thx ladyz!
On dry hair it stretches a little bit and then snaps.

thx ladyz!
On dry hair it stretches a little bit and then snaps.
=====

My hair is doing that too when I test it...
When I put moisturizer on it... I get even more hair in the comb and in my hands too. I don't know what is causing it... I have tried a lot of things and nothing seems to be working... It is driving me nuts:spinning:... I hope some of the hair pros will come in and give us some advise...

I can not get my moisture/protein levels right...

Hey ladies,

I'm having similar problems- mixed long and short hairs. I just clarified with Aloerid, used ors replenishing pac mixed with nexxus humectress and evoo. I sat under the hairdryer for 15mins, rinsed, and I just applied the salerm wheat germ mask and I'm under the hair dryer as I type. As I was combing in the salerm, I noticed only 3 strands in my wide tooth comb as opposed to a small ball that I noticed on wed's wash day. I hope this works- my hair has been doing so well up until now :perplexed.
Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Oh no Leslie!!! It seems like you are doing everything right. I am sure it will subside. Are you sure there aren't any bulbs at the end of the hair?? Sometimes I have to get in bright bright light just to see the bulbs. If you do find that there is a bulb, try using a garlic shampoo ... it will knock the shedding out completely. Mine (Queen Helene) also says that it stops breakage in addition to shedding. I know the problem will be resolved, don't worry sweetie.

Oh no Leslie!!! It seems like you are doing everything right. I am sure it will subside. Are you sure there aren't any bulbs at the end of the hair?? Sometimes I have to get in bright bright light just to see the bulbs. If you do find that there is a bulb, try using a garlic shampoo ... it will knock the shedding out completely. Mine (Queen Helene) also says that it stops breakage in addition to shedding. I know the problem will be resolved, don't worry sweetie.

thanks Lili...its almost dry now so I just put it in a single two strand twist and tucked it under in a ponytail with a satin scrunchie...its hard not to mess with it because I keep wanting to run my hands thru it to check and see if its still coming out. Ill try to leave it alone for a day or two and reassess its needs then. It dried nice and soft though...I used giovanni direct and sealed with a little castor oil. BTW that midback length ---ETA WAIST LENGTH --hair u have goin on snuck up on us! Beautiful! Whats your secret!?

Well, hair should stretch a little bit before it snaps. I don't think you did anything wrong, it could just be some shedding. As far as the mix of hair lengths go, I get that too sometimes but I don't notice any differences in my hair appearance so I chalk it up to little bits of damaged hair finally falling out. The healthier my hair gets, the less I see it.

I actually think your protein moisture balance is okay.

thanks Lili...its almost dry now so I just put it in a single two strand twist and tucked it under in a ponytail with a satin scrunchie...its hard not to mess with it because I keep wanting to run my hands thru it to check and see if its still coming out. Ill try to leave it alone for a day or two and reassess its needs then. It dried nice and soft though...I used giovanni direct and sealed with a little castor oil. BTW that midback length ---ETA WAIST LENGTH --hair u have goin on snuck up on us! Beautiful! Whats your secret!?

Yeah ... it's best to leave it alone. I know your hair will be fine. This thread is about YOU girl. I will PM you ok. Keep us posted on your hair ok. :yep:

Leslie- Have you tried rinsing your hair in cold/cool water? That helps me with my "unexplained" shedding when I feel I have done everything possible.

Good Luck, girlie!

Leslie- Have you tried rinsing your hair in cold/cool water? That helps me with my "unexplained" shedding when I feel I have done everything possible.

Good Luck, girlie!

yep I rinsed in cool water...:ohwell:
maybe Im just overreacting and its not that bad...Ill keep an eye on it. Im just worried bc Im still recovering from some crown breakage so I cant afford to lose anymore hair or Ill have a gap in my head lol:lachen: Ill look like those black men with cornrows who are starting to go bald but they have the cornrows going back and it skips over the bald part and continues the braid...:lachen: My hair is thick enough to cover the area where it had broken off till if grows back but I cant take anymore breakage or Ill lose it!

yep I rinsed in cool water...:ohwell:
maybe I'm just overreacting and its not that bad...Ill keep an eye on it. I'm just worried BC I'm still recovering from some crown breakage so I cant afford to lose anymore hair or Ill have a gap in my head lol:lachen: Ill look like those black men with cornrows who are starting to go bald but they have the cornrows going back and it skips over the bald part and continues the braid...:lachen: My hair is thick enough to cover the area where it had broken off till if grows back but I cant take anymore breakage or Ill lose it!
====

I tried that too, and it did help a little... I am going to use these Charles Worthington products tomorrow and see if it helps... I put the leave-in on a section of my hair and sealed with oil and my hair actually feels like it may be a little better... I will use the CW and The leave-in tomorrow and roller set and see what happens... I keep hoping one of these products will kick in... and I am only CWing every 4 days... Oh well, IDK:perplexed:yep::look:

Ok Ladies,

I'm updating from yesterday. I airdried to 50%, set under the hair dryer until dry and then applied some skinny serum, and chi infusion, and flat ironed on low heat. I then preceeded to moisturize with NTM leave-in, sealed with evoo, covered with a satin bonnet. This morning, I noticed far less shedding :yep: (2-3 hairs after running my hands through several several times to make sure). Will see what happens until the next wash day which is wed.

Pls. keep posting LadyZ and LeslieC. Hoping for a quick recovery!

Ok Ladies,

I'm updating from yesterday. I airdried to 50%, set under the hair dryer until dry and then applied some skinny serum, and chi infusion, and flat ironed on low heat. I then preceded to moisturize with NTM leave-in, sealed with EVOO, covered with a satin bonnet. This morning, I noticed far less shedding :yep: (2-3 hairs after running my hands through several several times to make sure). Will see what happens until the next wash day which is wed.

Pls. keep posting LadyZ and LeslieC. Hoping for a quick recovery!
====

:yep:... Glad to hear that... I sure hope it works out for you... Sounds like using the ORS has helped... I will be picking up some this week... Please keep us posted... How did combing your hair turn out?.. That is when my shedding/breakage kicks in... I used a moisturizing/protein mixed conditioner and used the leave-in also... and I got the usual shed long hairs from not combing for a couple days about 20/30 maybe... So that was a good sign... I roller set and put moisturizer on and sealed with an oil... I used to do this before when my hair got real dry... So I am under the dryer now and soon I will either be happy or sad again... It could go either way... If not, I will bun braid this stuff and leave it until the weekend and try the ORS treatment for a few hours...

Please keep us posted...

Back